Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By medearis Thu May 14, 2015 11:41 pm
<insert Anne Murray's "I Can See Clearly Now" here>

Okay! I get it now. This makes a lot more sense.

You automated the most boring part of social networking V.S. straight hacking the f*ck out of your own profile. Thank you for clearing that up for me, and I am sorry if I sounded harsh. Not the intent there, just early morning grogg + getting mind f*cked.

Solid work, my man.
Loophole wormhole!
By jibber Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:35 am
I honestly never understood this stuff.

So by spamming comments and following people, you get them to follow you back and post a comment on your stuff?

When i still used youtube, i had 800 subscribers. When i uploaded a new beat, i had maybe 100 plays, average listening time was about 10 seconds at most. But they commented: "Dope beat bro!" etc... so they found it dope, but listened for only 5-10 seconds? :lol: :wink:

I think 99% of all of this is self promoting bullshit and spam, in the hopes of getting more followers, plays and comments.

Do you actually care if anybody is actually listening to your music?

I would much prefer five real followers/fans who actually listen to my music and enjoy it, compared to 800 subscribers that just comment in the hopes they'll get a comment back, and never actually listened to your beat.

It's the same as facebook or reddit. You'd sell your soul for the "likes" and "upvotes", even if they mean absolutely NOTHING.

Same as in modern games and modern consoles. Many gamers play most games for the achievements. They care more about getting all the meaningless trophies and platinum a game... than actually enjoying the game. Those achievements and trophies do exactly NOTHING... except they can brag about it on a forum, where nobody actually cares.

Our society has become **** STUPID and is missing what it should essentially be about (IMO!)... enjoying music, enjoying a game. All the while we get caught up and try to enjoy subscribers, followers, comments and "achievements" instead.

:Sigh: :vomit: :wink: :fku:
By krishi Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:25 am
Do you actually care if anybody is actually listening to your music?

Mr Jeffrey seems to have a different moral concept..
By jibber Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:36 am
I didn't try to imply he doesn't care about it, just a question... And generally stating my personal opinion that i don't understand this approach of "getting heard".

Peace.
By krishi Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:10 pm
sorry i was too angry when i wrote that.
i hate spamming and fake commenting and all that.

nothing personal but please, the internet is already a schithole, but still dont make it worse than it already is
By Doc00Cosel Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:17 pm
Wow. I thought this technique promotes you to other listeners who care. Not just people trying to get a million likes and comments and not listening.

I did not know this but it makes sense now. I agree, I would rather have 5 loyal listeners rather than 800 people lying.
By mr_debauch Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:02 pm
with the tactic you don't know if they will be loyal or not. The issue is, it's using bots to spam links to your songs on other people's music... or essentially a pile of bots recommending people go to listen to your page. The bots find people according to tags for the music genre on stuff they uploaded.

Here are a couple of problems. first of all, the target people have to have uploaded something, which implies you are aiming at producers or musicians and not music listeners... which soundcloud has recently been working hard to attract people to make accounts who aren't musicians.. the app isn't great for managing the account, but great for listening to new music. Another issue is, you have bots sending out your name.... when someone posts a comment on my songs saying "dope, check me out" I never do.. i delete the comment. I don't think I would want bots to be associated to my name because it's easy to spot the bots on soundcloud for the most part.
By richie Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:30 am
bliprock wrote:I think its better to actually make your music better instead of cheating and trying to game the system. And if you had any credibility you certainly do not now...

*takes a look at the music industry*

Oh wait.
By bliprock Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:43 am
Your argument is a logical fallacy. Two wrongs do not make a right and your appeal to emotion also adds to the fact you have no valid argument to support nefarious means to promote yourself. To cheat and take the quick way only lowers my opinion of anyone that stoops so low to do it and are only scared of their own inadequacies to try in the first play. So instead you should actually work on your music and try to put your effort into more credible things.
your cheating yourselves more than the system. and yet you feel so brave, how little and insignificant do you feel to have to tell people that your cheating to. just suck to be you