Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By PurpleTree209 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:32 pm
So i was contacted by a european music agency and they want to add me to their roster and i just do not know if its a legit offer or not. they have an internet presence (website facebook soundcloud etc.) but so do talented scammers. it seems they are an actual business with artist on their roster. but i just dont know how this part of the biz works or how to seperate the real from the fake. i was hoping somebody could shed some light on this matter. :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
By PurpleTree209 Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:04 am
they are offering to manage/promote. judging from their website and our conversations it seems booking live shows is their specialty.

they want a percentage of my earnings. which is reasonable.

ill send you a PM of their website...perhaps you could help judge their legitimacy??
By 6/8 Stanley Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:07 am
I would say no but I have very little knowledge, so who knows. Maybe it's possible. Did you talk to them or just email? If you talked could you hear goats or a TV in the background? I would trust my gut. If they seemed OK I would give them some kind of a test. Trust must be proved before you give anything your OK.