Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By JVC Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 pm
Today, I received a notice from YouTube, saying that my videoclip was taken down from YouTube,
The takedown request was issued by Warner Music Group.

This is the email message:

Hi -------:

Due to a copyright takedown notice that we received, we had to take down your video from YouTube:

Video title: Brand Nubian "Wake Up" (Reprise In The Sunshine), Wu-Tang Clan "C.R.E.A.M." made with Korg Electribe

Video url: (YouTube URL)

Takedown issued by: Warner Music Group
This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube.

You received a copyright strike

You now have 1 copyright strike. If you get multiple copyright strikes, we’ll have to disable your account. To prevent that from happening, please don’t upload videos containing copyrighted content that you aren’t allowed to use.

(View Details)

What to do next

If you believe you're not at fault in one or more of the instances above, you can appeal this takedown by submitting a counter notification. Keep in mind that there may be severe legal consequences for submitting a counter notification with false information.
You can also contact the party that removed your video and ask them to retract their takedown.

The clip was pretty old one, I believe that it was uploaded in 2010.
Note that it was recreated beat, using original samples used for Brand Nubian "Wake Up" (Reprise In The Sunshine mix) beat, and Wu-Tang Clan's "C.R.E.A.M" beat. They might have all rights of both sampled songs, Wu-Tang Clan and Brand Nubians'.

Be careful, It might happen to you next. This is part of the reason I don't upload hip hop beat remakes anymore.
By JVC Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 pm
richie wrote:Do you have the video monetized?

No. In fact, I haven't monetized any of my videoclips on YouTube. Most of my clips involve with samples, so I wouldn't do that anyway.