Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...

By krang Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:48 pm
i remember someone telling me they know the producer who made a ludacris beat the one with the austin powers sample. I forget how much he said he got paid but it was a lot.

just a random fact some dont know- you don't get paid as much if your beat uses samples

By Niceweis914 Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:22 pm
I dont think these crazy numbers are all the time...a few times Timbo probably got $250 grand and that shit was probably a #1 single...those high numbers have got to be for some hot sh*t, not just some track that aint a single. And big name rappers, who helped Timbo and others get on, like Jay-Z, probably don't pay that much at all. On average I would imagine $20-30 grand a track....just my thoughts.

By ALboogie875 Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:43 am
.......i remember someone telling me they know the producer who made a ludacris beat the one with the austin powers sample

dj green lantern made that beat.

By Ainz Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:01 pm
ALboogie875 wrote:.......i remember someone telling me they know the producer who made a ludacris beat the one with the austin powers sample

i heard the the original 'composer' of that melody got at ludacris and WANTED him to sample it....he didnt like the fact that people were forgetting it was a real song....people just always associated it with austin powers.......

I dont know how true that is...like i said, i only heard it through someone else......and it seems that it wouldnt be true since luda talks ABOUT Austin Powers in the whole track...lol.....

If it is true then Luda's a d*ck

By Lou Diamond Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:11 pm
i remember i read somewere that Kanye west gets paid about 40 grand-80grand a track

By ibn Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:52 pm
Ainz wrote:
ALboogie875 wrote:.......i remember someone telling me they know the producer who made a ludacris beat the one with the austin powers sample

i heard the the original 'composer' of that melody got at ludacris and WANTED him to sample it....he didnt like the fact that people were forgetting it was a real song....people just always associated it with austin powers.......

I dont know how true that is...like i said, i only heard it through someone else......and it seems that it wouldnt be true since luda talks ABOUT Austin Powers in the whole track...lol.....

If it is true then Luda's a d*ck

quincey jones.

By bhunt Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:06 pm
Niceweis914 wrote:I dont think these crazy numbers are all the time...a few times Timbo probably got $250 grand and that **** was probably a #1 single...those high numbers have got to be for some hot sh*t, not just some track that aint a single. And big name rappers, who helped Timbo and others get on, like Jay-Z, probably don't pay that much at all. On average I would imagine $20-30 grand a track....just my thoughts.

yeah thats right the big pay days only come with the big tracks. Timbo and swiss was getting that type of money in the late 90's early 00. Now cats are lucky for getting 30grand a track. Big names like Jay-z never pay full price for workng with the big dawgs. I did read the the neptunes were getting about 250k for a song.

By TheFirstJimBo Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:44 pm
toba wrote:i get $25
:lol:

By TheFirstJimBo Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:44 pm
whos the highest paid producer in music, any genre

By nit Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:54 am
i hear the standard is 5k for a beat

By orjanbeats Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:45 pm
juxt wrote:i remember someone telling me they know the producer who made a ludacris beat the one with the austin powers sample. I forget how much he said he got paid but it was a lot.

just a random fact some dont know- you don't get paid as much if your beat uses samples

What is the name of the Ludacris song?

By dsmith Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:15 am
"#1 spot"

By alpha80 Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:31 pm
whos the highest paid producer in music, any genre

That's what I'd like to know !!..... :wink:...Anyone ?? ???