Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Mistamoon86 Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm
From your professional point of view, anyone used effects from ASR10 to MPC2500 (or other MPC), and then that kind of modulated sounds tracked out via assignable mix outs from MPC?

Hope you understand question, thank you in advance.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:20 pm
MPC2500 main out (2ch) -> asr10 line in (2ch).

Doing this would be using the asr10 line in as you would a regular ole analog mixing board w/ effects.

Still not understanding your question. Re-word, re-phrase or something.

!

By Mistamoon86 Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 am
Three minutes after i wrote this, i found your post in other topic:
"ASR10 hasn't been officially supported for more than a decade now, lol.

You can use the ASR10 just like any other modern midi kybd/workstation -> samples, keyboard, midi controller, sound module. It even has active line in pass through, plug in your mpc main outs -> ASR10 line in and you can use ASR10 effects on your mpc audio going out of the ASR10 main outs like a 2 channel mixer.

Old mpc's, aren't officially supported either, 4k, 3k, 60, 60ii, 2k, 2kxl........"

Anyway, the thing is that i found very good offer, very cheap, and i never used ASR10 before. The only thing i know about this is from the readings. Next part of the question was, after i put some effect from ASR10 on a sounds and save it like that/resample it in MPC2500, then i can normally track that sounds out of MPC via assignable mix outs? For example, i have drums, and i i want all of my 4 drum sounds to track out in the different channels out of MPC, while i already put some effects from ASR10 on them. I think that i already got the answer in your posts. Excuse me for my english. I'm from Bosnia & Herzegowina :).

Thanks for answer and time.
By Mistamoon86 Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 am
This is Ensoniq that i want to buy. http://www.pik.ba/artikal/13995521/semp ... iq-esr-10/

I see that there is no SCSI, somebody put it out. Also the seller said, nobody didnt use it for 10 years. I hope nothing is wrong with internal cofiguration of this machine. What i need to know is how can i test primary functions to assure that everything works properly. Downloaded the manual, also reading theirs specs.

Thanks in advance one again.
By jibber Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:41 pm
Be careful with that ASR-10. They say it hasn't been used in ten years? It looks very dirty and beat up. Do they say if everything is functioning? Does it have an OS-disk (you need one, OS is stored externally, floppy or SCSI)?

What you plan to do with the effects and then playing the re-sampled sounds through the individual outs on the MPC2500 will work.

Question is, does that ASR work? Ask the seller.
By 313 studio tricks Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:37 pm
dp2 or dp4 will give you that ensoniq effects sound. eps/asr are top notch samplers for their time period. i had eps16+turbo in 96 or so. elegant voice architecture with no res filter (unless you have waveboy disks) but plenty other to make up for it. wish the mpc came close.
By Mistamoon86 Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:56 am
First of all, thanks for answers people. I needed those informations. Also, yesterday i was reading the manual and i found it there. Everything is starting with the OS. Seller told me that he don't have a OS floppy, also there is no SCSI connection. He thinks that SCSI wasn't there at the begining. He turned it on and he says that everything works, he powerd on ASR and also screen reacted normally, but of course it didn't boot because there is no OS floppy in there. Floppy is just making those regular sounds at the begining when you turn on machine. Anyway i have another question, is it too hard to make copy of OS if oyu find a zipped OS on internet? I'm reading a lot of posts and usually what i see is that a people don't know how to do it proparly.

Thank you one more time.
By THE ADVERSARY Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:02 pm
Mistamoon86 wrote:First of all, thanks for answers people. I needed those informations. Also, yesterday i was reading the manual and i found it there. Everything is starting with the OS. Seller told me that he don't have a OS floppy, also there is no SCSI connection. He thinks that SCSI wasn't there at the begining. He turned it on and he says that everything works, he powerd on ASR and also screen reacted normally, but of course it didn't boot because there is no OS floppy in there. Floppy is just making those regular sounds at the begining when you turn on machine. Anyway i have another question, is it too hard to make copy of OS if oyu find a zipped OS on internet? I'm reading a lot of posts and usually what i see is that a people don't know how to do it proparly.

Thank you one more time.

The seller is giving very inaccurate info, didn't want to say lying but that's what it is.
If he has no boot disk then he has no way of knowing that ANYTHING works.
The ASR won't do anything until after it boots the OS and calibrates the keyboard so he can't test or verify what works and doesn't work.
Since it has no SCSI it will just sit there asking for a OS disk.

If you have computer with the right OS and floppy drive it's pretty easy to make a boot disk for the ASR.

Based on the pictures and the owners misdirection of info I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it.
ASRs are just to easy to find to invest in a junk unit.
By Mistamoon86 Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:39 pm
Still waiting for OS. Anyone have video or instructions how to make one by yourself?
I know that i need to have floppy, win98 and ohers, but i need specifically stages from someone who has serious experience, if its possible.

Thank you.
By jibber Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:13 am
Lampdog wrote:Any ASR10 users willing to mail an OS 3.53 floppy disk to another member?

It's a long shot, from switzerland over the pond... but yeah, i'll send you a floppy if you PM me your details (or send me an email). :smoker:

EDIT: Just realised it's for OP and not for you. Reading helps... :mrgreen:

Anyway, i'm willing to send out a floppy if someone is desperately lost with getting the OS. Send a PM.