Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By julianchick Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 pm
Hey,

in few days my first MPC will arrive. At the moment I think about of how to hook up everything correct and which cables I need for it. Here are some questions that came to my mind:

1. turntable (cinch outs) --> dj mixer (cinch inputs)
dj-mixer (cinch outs) --> MPC 2500 (record ins 6,3)
MPC 2500 (stereo outs 6,3) --> amplifier (cinch ins) --> speakers

If I hook it up like this, do I have sound through my speakers when I play some music from my turntable?

2. I was thinking about to buy a vintage analog mixer to get a warm and crunchy sound in my mix at the end. The gear is pretty old and has got XLR outs and ins. Is that a problem? Are there cables like: 6.3 to XLR ? Is there something else I should pay attention to when I buy it? Its a H&H 16 channel stereo Mixer
of the 70s.

Thank you!

Julian
By jibber Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:22 am
1. Yes (if you are in the MPC2500 sample/record screen).

2. Yes there are cables like that. Pay attention if the cables are mono/stereo/balanced/unbalanced/symetric/unsymetric... but maybe another user can help out here, i always get confused by this stuff.

The mixer from the 70's... might need servicing... pay attention to that. If possible, hook it up before buying it and listen for scratchy faders, pots, and generally sound issues (noisy channels, etc). Personally, i don't believe you will get a "warm and crunchy" sound from an old 16 channel mixer. I would buy something more modern to be honest (used mackie, A&H, soundcraft, etc).

Peace.