Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By soundtech Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 pm
Hi all can anyone help?

I bought this, after reading into this thread, so i got a teac dw 224e bf5

I'm rather dissapointed in the purchase for now because the conection on the back of it is nothing like the photo posted in this thread.

I was looking for those pins to locate pin 47. There are no pins like that on the back

I included photos

Someone wrote something about dismantlig the aluminium case and what naught havent quite understood. They posted no pictures. It seemed they had the same situation

Any one can help please?
By konc3pt Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:09 pm
this is what the back should look like

By soundtech Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 pm
Bro thanks for posting.

Mine looks different. It has a different connection. Like i said someone appeared to have posted a similar situation earlier in this thread.

Mine looks like this. I took better pictures.

Is this a bad drive?

Some ones gotta know

Any help appreciated guys
By konc3pt Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:47 am
I really dont know about doing mods to make that one work, but one you should get is dirt cheap. no more than $20
By soundtech Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:04 am
Yeah bro i know

On this thread i understood as long as you are buyin the right model, which i have, DW 224E, it should work

How would i know i dont get a bad one, with another kind of connection again?

So far it seemed quite clear the dw 224 e should have worked :)

Cheers
By selecta jo Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 am
it might be a proprietary connector for some manufacturer, but it is very hard to find any info on this particular model on the internet.

teac has a list of all models, but there is only dw224e- "no letter" "a" "c" "r" and "v" variants, which all have an atapi/ide connector.

best bet is to sell it and look for another one, but ask the seller for pictures of the connector before buying.

to see if it fits look into the mpc and see how the connector looks there.

peace, jo
By soundtech Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 pm
Thanks alot for posting Jo. I will get another one, they are cheap. The guy i sold the 2500 to wants it so i decided i'd help.

I already found another one so this time i'll ask for pictures and see that the connection matches

And thanks a lot for the details in your post like how these models are named and so on
By SimonInAustralia Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 am
Same basic drive, but different model code, different part number, different connectors, different specs, etc.

Yours is...
Teac DW-224E-BF5
Part No. 1977098B-F5

One here, with the right connector, is...
Teac DW-224E-C93
Part No. 1977098C-93

No idea if there are other model codes/part numbers for these drives that will work.

The datasheet for the correct drive is here...
http://www.datasheet4u.net/datasheet/D/ ... C.pdf.html

The connector that it needs, is...
11. INTERFACE CONNECTOR
(1) Connector on the drive : JAE KX15-50KLD or equivalent
(2) Applicable connector on the host : JAE KX14-50K5D1 or equivalent
By soundtech Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:19 am
Indeed.

I sorted it out in the meantine. Some of them are just coming off laptops where they needed an extra plastic holder to add another sort of connection as well.

All you want to do is to just remove that plastic extention and get to the bear form of the cd drive. You will then find the right kind of connection. Already done it already removed the pin.

So its all good
By SimonInAustralia Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 am
Nice one.

Thought it might be something like that, looking at the extra plastic part that looked like it was bolted on around the outer edge of the metal casing in your photos.
By joezz Tue May 26, 2015 4:47 pm
I bought this one today from Ebay, it was the soundtech´s model Teac DW-224E-BT6. It doesn´t fit and has the wrong connector.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/321437032045?eui ... 37147&cp=1
BUT NO! UNSCREW THE WRONG CONNECTOR AND THE PLASTIC FRAME AND YOU WILL HAVE A FULL WORKING DVD RECORDER
- WITHOUT PIN MANIPULATION NECESSARY!!! LIKE THE ORIGINAL AKAI!