Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By TheOnlyIon Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:25 am
I started a beat and want to put what I have into protools, but when I change the output of my kick drum from the stereo out to assignable mix out 1 it sounds different, the pitch changes which may be the result of the sample being out of phase. Please help
By selecta jo Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:33 am
welcome to the forums!

one reason for a different sound on the eight assignable outputs can be the fact that the internal effects only work on the main stereo outs - so if you use any effect on your kick then that might be missing now.

you can either leave the sample with effects on the main outs and move other sounds to the assignable outs to spread them out, or you can resample the sample with the effects to a new pad and then route this "wet" pad to one of the assignable outs.

another reason for the different sound can be the difference between stereo sound thru the main outs and mono sound thru the assignable outs - you can change this by not using a single assignable out, but a pair of them e.g. 12 or 34 etc.

peace, jo
By TheOnlyIon Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 pm
Right, and there are No Fx in use. for some reason there's a huge boost in volume and maybe that's effecting the sound to change
-I