Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By korama Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:21 pm
Interesting point about cards, I'm going to check them out.

I really like the weirdness of the MO-Phatt sounds. Personnally, I mostly make House music (chicago oriented, very melodic and punchy) and deep disco. Sometimes future beats and even techno. Can't wait to try the MO Phatt!

Best
Matt
By korama Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:46 pm
At least now I've located my MIDI problem. When I press Play Start on the MPC, it resets the track program that I had selected on the M1 (although I set it right on the Pgm No., Midi channel, etc.), it even adds some random midi notes and the M1 screen gets frozen. When I press Play it does not happen.

I will start digging from there.

UPDATE : this does not happen anymore when I select a NEW SONG in SEQ mode (with every track being I00 I00 I00....). Maybe that's the solution ?
However, MLT mode does switch back to Tr1 for no reason, but it doesn't affect the programs being playing as I want them to.

Concerning saving and reloading a project, the only thing that I can't fix is that when I switch off and switch back on the M1, every track's volume goes back to the default 99. So before I switch off the M1, I take a photo of tracks volume and I adjust it when I get back to my track.

I think I figured out what my problem was anyway! Selecting a new song in Seq mode seems to be the key. I hope I'm not speaking too fast though.
By selecta jo Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:34 am
yes, using a new song in seq mode on the m1 is the better option, as the old song could have some settings stored from the old user.
but you always can initialize (delete) any song on (F3-2) "song initialize" - select the song [B] and hit [G] to [exec]ute.

don´t sweat too much about MLT setting back to Tr1 as this also probably happens, because we use the sequencer mode with an external sequencer and prepared the m1 to be ready to MLT multitrack, but then only record one track after the other. and so it switches that to individual tracks. also we then can switch between the tracks on the seq song page and see that the program number and the volume setting on the right side of that screen change to that track also. so now we can adjust a tracks program AND the volume on one page without switching. some settings appear in several places and those places have different possibilities, like in track volume where you can adjust the volume of ALL tracks side by side.

for your problem with the track volumes - that reverts to default because we use a "blank" song and don´t store anything on the m1 directly. those volumes would keep their individual settings if we used the m1 sequencer to store this as a song.
but you can try to leave all tracks at 99 on the m1 and use the "V:100%" field on the main screen of the mpc to adjust each tracks playback volume. this settings then would be saved with your sequence on the mpc.

oh, i like good house music... and you have THE house piano synth now! one of the default e-piano programs on the m1 is very famous for that.
let´s hear some of that when you have something to show - or we even could colaborate...
here is my soundcloud and there i have one attempt at some daft punk french house inspired track called "clap trap" somewhere between my older tracks (the one with the dark blue cover): https://soundcloud.com/blackcapsound
maybe i like to make a remix of that track as i don´t like the bad guitar parts i played on there and also the hornsection could use some work on the sound.

peace, jo
By korama Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:33 pm
Thanks for the tips jo !

Everything seems to work fine now, more or less..!

Now the thing for me is to figure out the best way to export a track from the MPC.

I think that to have the best possible sound, I have to export track by track and do the mixing in a DAW. Or get a multitrack recorder, but my place is small and I don't have much room. I might go for the DAW option.

Nice reggae sounds you put out there ;) Gonna share mine when I have tracks finished on the MPC. In the meantime, you'll find some of my stuff there : soundcloud.com/korama

Best,
Matt
By BLCK364 Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:35 pm
Hi, although I speak Spanish ( I'm from Chile), I translated the entire conversation thread.
I am also new (I buy a mpc 2500 1 month ago) and had the same doubts about communication between MPC and synth,
now I have jjos 3.13, I prove settings to see if I can communicate with my MPC 2500 and Korg M50.
this thread is very interesting, I'll leave saved.

I appreciate the time people take to help :worthy: .
thank you very much to all and merry christmas
By GemCrates Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:58 pm
I'm having the same exact issue as well. I'm using an Akai "mini ak" - I use it basically for bass lines only, but sometimes I'll want to add some synth lines here and there, but I can not figure out how to do this.. I like to keep things pretty simple, yet still don't understand how I can use different things on different sequences.. :hmmm: