Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By loudmusic Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:30 am
DJ Instramental Jay wrote:Flashed the OS a bunch of times going back, and forth from 1.24 to free JJOS, and the crackling still persists!

What sucks is when the crackling starts on my 2500 it will actually cause restarts!
For some reason this 2500 doesn’t like to run JJOS as the crackling, and restarts are more prevalent on free jjos. It doesn’t happen as much with 1.24 but it still crackles then restarts from time to time on the original OS.

I have found out that the digital in/out on this 2500 doesn’t even work! Mpcstuff sold me a lemon w/ non working parts very irritating . When I first purchased this 2500 it worked great for months then started having this cracking/restarting problem. I’m wondering if they did something to hide the issue. Of course I couldn’t return it because it started happening after the 90 day warranty :lol:

What’s strange is that this crackling/restarting issue won’t show for a few days on the original OS…I can go all day with no crackling/restarts other times it happens very frequently. Switching the input to digital (in record mode) then changing the mode to mono L/R I can hear little pops, and sometimes doing this stops the crackling, but It will eventually it will restart by itself.

A few lessons learned here:

1. never buy used 1400$ Mpc’s from mpcstuff.com

2. Don’t not try, and fix this issue as it seems not worth the money, time, and headaches!

3. Do not be a POS (like mpcstuff), and try to re-sell this to an unsuspecting customer. I will let them know it has issues, and maybe they can buy it for the parts that do work.

Did MPCstuff say anything?