Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Rajalla Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:51 pm
I recently bought MPC (used) from states, when i turn the thing up i could hear only a small buzz from my left headphone and when i hooked it with mixer from stereo out, same thing, volume and gain maxed and still sound was just buzz, OS is JJOSXL if it helps, please help im so frustrated that i cant think straight :(
By crossings Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 pm
learn how to use it before assuming it's broken... have you even tried creating a program for it yet?

i'll give you the first bit of info you need which is that it won't make sounds when you first turn it on... you have to assign samples to pads.

now go download the manual & read up...
By Rajalla Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:27 pm
crossings wrote:learn how to use it before assuming it's broken... have you even tried creating a program for it yet?

i'll give you the first bit of info you need which is that it won't make sounds when you first turn it on... you have to assign samples to pads.

now go download the manual & read up...

manuals have been read, tried creating programs, loaded samples, tried if metronome would make some sound, still no success.
By crossings Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 pm
alright... good to know. now check and see if you're getting sound out of the L/R outputs on the back... it may just be the headphone jack. there's also a way to set the internal volume level somewhere (maybe in the OTHER screen? i can't remember right now and i'm nowhere near my mpc as i type this...)
By Rajalla Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:28 am
crossings wrote:alright... good to know. now check and see if you're getting sound out of the L/R outputs on the back... it may just be the headphone jack. there's also a way to set the internal volume level somewhere (maybe in the OTHER screen? i can't remember right now and i'm nowhere near my mpc as i type this...)

have tried every output without results :/ but there is a very "small" sound coming out when hooked to amplifier and putting volume to the max
By crossings Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:04 pm
did you check the internal volume setting [that the OS configures]?

and you're sure the WAV files that you are loading are the correct 44.1 and 16bit format?
By Rajalla Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:28 pm
crossings wrote:did you check the internal volume setting [that the OS configures]?

and you're sure the WAV files that you are loading are the correct 44.1 and 16bit format?

Both checked and internal volume is max and wavs are good :/
By crossings Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 pm
when you say the internal volume is at max... you do know that 0 is the loudest [and anything above zero is actually a negative value] correct? turn that volume far left to either zero or -6.
By Rajalla Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 pm
crossings wrote:when you say the internal volume is at max... you do know that 0 is the loudest [and anything above zero is actually a negative value] correct? turn that volume far left to either zero or -6.

yes, i actually turn compressor on and set gain max to hear something, i gave that to our schools gearhead who is specialized in fixing electronic instruments so soon ill know whats wrong... tho havent tried the digital output but i dont think that it would've made diffrence
By crossings Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:26 am
i'm glad you were able to figure it out... i was running out of ideas as to what it could be causing the issue. :lol:

have fun with your machine now that it's finally working as should!!