Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Triple-X Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 am
crossings wrote: i'm convinced that the mpc5000 sounds identical to the 2500 and want to be proven otherwise.

AGREED 100% from RECENT first hand experience with both units in front of me.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/ ... 1283308676

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

crossings wrote:
séance wrote:So when do we hear the test? I'm legitimately intrigued to tell if I can hear a difference.

don't hold your breath... he doesn't even own a 2500, yet enjoys talking major sh!t about them...

it's hard to take him seriously since he also used to call the mpc5000 a "$1600 paperweight"...

The Grublet wrote:This machine is a 1600 dollar paperweight as far
as I'm concerned...

The OS is garbage (and as I have read, number 2 is worse.

What does a machine that you can't even tap the button while navigating thru the menus and have the sound play accurate do for you... The 960 quant doesn't mean ish if the OS can't process it on time!

The screen looks much brighter in the lower right than everywhere else....

The sound is tinny and boomy at the same time.

The only thing they got right is the ergonomics.

I've had like 6 glitches in the last 30 minutes.

Should I even try os2?

Holy Christ akai is wack now. At least the 1000 and 2500 are stable!

Anyone else see past the beauty of the exterior and feel my pain?

DISSAPOINTED.

taken from a thread that The Grublet personally started:
http://mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=117413

nice change of heart there, SLICK... :roll:

WOW.. like that?
By cyrus Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:45 am
comparing 2500 to the 5000 is not a good comparison, you are comparing 2 differant operating systems (akai to jjos), apples to oranges. a better comparison would be to compare the mpc1000 to the mpc2500 (jjos to jjos) and the mpc5000 to the mpc500 (akai os to akai os), apples to apples and oranges to oranges........

sucka mpc5k owners will defend thier waste of money. if you dont see the value of the mpc2500 or the mpc1k you a fool or never use your mpc. jjos kills akai os. its about the workflow. mpc2500 + jjos2xl = my 8--D in your girls mouf!
By CoinUp! Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 am
cyrus wrote:comparing 2500 to the 5000 is not a good comparison, you are comparing 2 differant operating systems (akai to jjos), apples to oranges. a better comparison would be to compare the mpc1000 to the mpc2500 (jjos to jjos) and the mpc5000 to the mpc500 (akai os to akai os), apples to apples and oranges to oranges........

sucka mpc5k owners will defend thier waste of money. if you dont see the value of the mpc2500 or the mpc1k you a fool or never use your mpc. jjos kills akai os. its about the workflow. mpc2500 + jjos2xl = my 8--D in your girls mouf!

What a ridiculous statement. They are both fruits btw and JJOS doesn't com standard when purchased.
By cyrus Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:22 pm
CoinUp! wrote:
cyrus wrote:comparing 2500 to the 5000 is not a good comparison, you are comparing 2 differant operating systems (akai to jjos), apples to oranges. a better comparison would be to compare the mpc1000 to the mpc2500 (jjos to jjos) and the mpc5000 to the mpc500 (akai os to akai os), apples to apples and oranges to oranges........

What a ridiculous statement. They are both fruits btw and JJOS doesn't com standard when purchased.

and the 5000 is the fruitiest! common man, you took me serious? lol.
By Mr procrast Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:35 pm
I have the mpc2500 and I love it, sound and all,but mainly because of how I was able to just pull it out of the box and start making and sequencing beats right of the bat,my 15 year old daughter even makes good tracks with it, and isnt that what its all about creation of beats? I see many people go back and fourth about sound quality on this one and that one, ive heard at least three of the mpc series and many other brand names units on high end systems and never heard enough of a difference to fuss about it. The truth of the matter is a true engineer is going to manipulate the sound coming from any and every device thats plugged into his mixing console no matter how good or bad you thing the sound is. We all know there are thousands of platinum hits made on units that didnt have near the sound quality of any of the mpc series down to the 500. Dont believe any one who says it sounds like sh** just because they feel it doesnt sound like another unit,not true. The synthesizer portion of the 5000 is a plus but wasnt impressive enough 2 move me when I listened to it a guitar center.Also the 2500 has been around long enough for them to work out a good bit of the bugs and options for alteratives if akai OS doesnt suite you. So I would have to vote for the 2500
By Insomniac Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 pm
I have owned both the 2500 (with and without JJOS) and the 5000. I have no earthly idea what these cats are arguing about.
The 2500 and the 5000 both sound transparent to me. The 5000 is a beast even though there are some bugs. I personally loved the 5k and the 2500.
Just the extra filters and effects are worth the 5000 purchase. But the 2500 with a big screen and JJOS is awesome too.