Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By dmajor100 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 am
I have tons of drum sounds and im thinking of getting a 2500 jjosxl but know it cant load 24 bit samples and would like to know if there is a way. Im runninf mac and I need to convert like at least 10gb of drums and would like to do this in one shot but just donr have a clue.
By peeping tom Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:03 am
dmajor100 wrote:I have tons of drum sounds and im thinking of getting a 2500 jjosxl but know it cant load 24 bit samples and would like to know if there is a way. Im runninf mac and I need to convert like at least 10gb of drums and would like to do this in one shot but just donr have a clue.

this **** trolling or?

3 ways/.

1.open DAW, re-convert each wav

2.Open your default audio player on mac, run a cable to mpc, play sounds, record into mpc.

3. get that 10GB down to something like 1gb or less by deleting the wack sheit. you want a small good kit, than a large, shit kit.
By Metatron72 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 am
If you have no other choice use iTunes. Whatever your import settings it will convert at that rate. (16bit 44.1khz in this case).

10 GB is gonna be a pain though. Other options would be Extreme Sample Convertor (pricey) and perhaps Awave (free). Google "Free batch sampling convertor application", there may be others and Awave will certainly come up and you can check it's features for batch conversions. There are other apps like Sound Forge and Wavelab too, but a lot of the ones that do batch (bulk) conversions are pricey.

I'll post again if I come across a free one tonight.
By nod records Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm
if you're using mac os x you can download a program called Switch for Free. it lets you batch convert and save in various formats. one of them being .wav 16bit 44.1 (which is what the 2500 reads)

you can Download it here for Free...

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html
By Lampdog Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:31 pm
You have got to try harder.