Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Prah_860_ Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:50 pm
konc3pt wrote:dont cut thru any of the white circutry prints!

but if you do end up replacing pad snsors, VST got senstronics on ebay for $10 cheaper than mpcstuff, that is if your MPC uses senstronics and not the other type

I did this and it works.... :lol:

kinda amazed by it but its true
By konc3pt Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm
Prah_860_ wrote:
I did this and it works.... :lol:

kinda amazed by it but its true

:nod: I was amazed too until I cut thru the circuit print line on my last pad, that sure fukt it up for good...
By mayormarwan Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 pm
so do you have to cut each pad that doesn't work or just one of them? From what i've seen, pads go row by row..

THanks!
By Prah_860_ Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm
mayormarwan wrote:so do you have to cut each pad that doesn't work or just one of them? From what i've seen, pads go row by row..

THanks!

Every pad that doesnt work..it was easy for me cuz none of mine worked..lol
By mayormarwan Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm
Sick, thanks for the help man!
By DooshDooshBoof Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:22 am
Hoping someone here can help me.

Already sent to MPC Stuff, but I'm desperate for help.

This is long, but I figure more information is better. You'll see in the following video that I've performed many modifications to my MPC without issue. These pads though, they are taking years off my life...

I decided it was time to replace the pads once pad 13 on my factory original set started to develop loss of sensitivity. First gen Interlink sensor MPC Stuff replacement. The install went fine, I thought, with the exception of seating the ribbon into the PCB board. After much cursing, the ribbon and wedge seated and I was getting velocity and pad # feedback from each pad. Put the machine back together and all was well for a week.

A week after the install, pad 1 would trigger pad 1 and left depressed, would also trigger pad 4.

Same behaviour with 5 & 8, 9 & 12, 13 & 16. The first and last pad of each row, horizontally.

Figuring it was a seating issue with the ribbon cable, I took the machine apart once again. I removed the ribbon from the connector and looked for damage. Nothing I could see. The only marks on the cable were from the contacts on the connection against the black leads. In an effort to start with a clean set of connections on the cable, I cut the used tip of the cable off. Approx 1/16" maybe less. Just enough the cut the rubbed ends off. The new edge of the ribbon is arrow straight.

Once reinstalled, it was fine for an hour.

Then, nothing. Which is where I'm at now.

Here's a video to help illustrate my plight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS1k09gid3M

Let me know what you think I could do to get this up and running again.

Thanks in advance for your help.