Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By BEAR 718 Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:03 pm
Whats good yall.i own a 2500 with jjos xl. Im having a problem from pad 9-12. They just stop working. Is there any were in the mpc were i can test them or mabey a way to activate them?
By TheUnfuckwithable Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm
get a new pad sensor sheet. keep in mind that the 2500 uses two different types of sensors. check first if you have either a sensitronics or interlink sheet.

good luck.

Renato Rizoli Onlineshop wrote:Be careful ! There are 2 kinds of pads sensors for Akai MPC2500.
Interlink -> large connector
Sensitronics -> smaller one (see photo)
Sensitronics pads sensors fit Akai MPC5000, MPD series and the most recent MPC2500.

http://www.renato-rizoli.com/shop/en/mp ... mpd32.html
By crossings Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm
hmmm... i hadn't realized there are 2 different kinds of pad sensors... i haven't opened up my 2500 in a couple years... so i have no idea what kind i have... it'd be interesting to figure out more or less what serial number they started changing the sensors from...
By BEAR 718 Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 pm
But how can i tell which sensor is right for my mpc without opening it up?? Or do i have to open the mpc to know for sure??
By crossings Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm
did renato renoli discover that there were 2 different kinds of pad sensors??

why am i just now hearing about this for the first time??... :lol:

i don't doubt it at all... we all know how akai has done sneaky stuff like that without admitting to it in the past... i just don't recall ever hearing about this on the forum before.
By m:t:c Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:25 pm
:hmmm: maybe not many users needed to change their pad sensors on 2500...
By konc3pt Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm
dont cut thru any of the white circutry prints!

but if you do end up replacing pad snsors, VST got senstronics on ebay for $10 cheaper than mpcstuff, that is if your MPC uses senstronics and not the other type
By MPCdawk Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 am
crossings wrote:did renato renoli discover that there were 2 different kinds of pad sensors??

I can confirm that the 2500 I used to own had the same style of pad sensors as the MPC2000XL/MPC2000. This was confirmed by the guys at MPC Stuff from a photo I sent them.

If you look at the pad sensors for the 2500 on the MPC Stuff website you will notice that it has "second series" in the part name.
http://www.mpcstuff.com/mpc-2500-pad-sensors-second-se.html

I can't remember exactly what date used to come up with the first OS I had on my 2500 but I think it was November 2005 with OS 1.0 B! :)
By renato_rizoli Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm
Actually, it seems that the very first 2500 released were equipped with the good old sensors like they used to put in 3k, 4k, 2k(XL) ...

but most of the 2k5 have been sold with those s****y sensitronics.

In the same way, the very first black 1ks were still equiped with the s****y single style pads you had in the blue ones.

BTW, Interlink sensors last quite long so if you need to change your sensor sheet you probably have the sensitronics :mrgreen:

Something quite common and good to know is that Sensitronics die "row by row"
By crossings Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm
renato_rizoli wrote:Actually, it seems that the very first 2500 released were equipped with the good old sensors like they used to put in 3k, 4k, 2k(XL) ...

but most of the 2k5 have been sold with those s****y sensitronics.

In the same way, the very first black 1ks were still equiped with the s****y single style pads you had in the blue ones.

BTW, Interlink sensors last quite long so if you need to change your sensor sheet you probably have the sensitronics :mrgreen:

Something quite common and good to know is that Sensitronics die "row by row"

appreciate the info, renato...... but now i'm still left wondering what kind of sensors i have... and once i put the wooden side panels on my 2500 i pretty much promised myself i'd never open it again... so i guess i'll just have to wait and see if a row of my pads ever dies... hopefully i got that old good stuff. :mrgreen:

here's a random question... in the case that somebody does have the newer pad sensors... would it be possible to replace them with the pads/sensors from an older MPC model like the mpc2000xl? and vice-versa, could someone replace the pad sensors in a mpc2000xl or whatever with the newer kind? i only ask out of curiosity...
By renato_rizoli Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am
crossings wrote:here's a random question... in the case that somebody does have the newer pad sensors... would it be possible to replace them with the pads/sensors from an older MPC model like the mpc2000xl? and vice-versa, could someone replace the pad sensors in a mpc2000xl or whatever with the newer kind? i only ask out of curiosity...

Yup, I have already modded a 2k5 this way. But you have to modify the connector of the small PCB which is in the back of the sensor metal holder.
Not too difficult but I did a frankenmod so I didn't have to source parts, which is almost the most difficult in mods ...
By Prah_860_ Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm
How much for USA shipping?

:-(