Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Stashy Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 pm
I own a 1000 and maschine. I never really got into maschine and my 1000 feels limited with the midi in and outs. Was thinking maybe I'll upgrade to a 2500 but it seems like there are nothing but repairs being listed. Is this a buyer beware instrument
By Califresh209 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 pm
the other threads got plenty of issues listed as well...my MPC2500 in particalur was a floor model at a guitar center. they had no other 2500 in stock so i took it. no box or nothing. (didnt even have any sounds). it had some issues but it was the machine i wanted. besides it was a floor model i knew nothing about: I expected issues and there were some. but its good now. machines in top shape and i prefer it over any other MPC. (other than the 3000. i would get one for the right price).
By forknspoon Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 pm
nothin wrong with the 2500 i find. other then the thin pain the used... but whats an mpc with out a little bit or wear and tear on it right?

some of the buttons have gone, but its still been very useable to the past 2 years i've had it.

just my 2 cents
By konc3pt Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:41 am
I think most common problem with 2500 is left output problem. Had three 2500 n one had this issue, my current one might be suffering from this as well although I'm inclined to think this particular one might be volume pot related since I can get it to work correctly with few volume turns, apparently few suffer from some kind of static noise.

my first 2500 that I bought brand new, stopped outputting sound completely but this happened after power surge in the house, blew capacitor, forat fixed it. I'd say there is some faulty 2500's out there but there few solid ones out there as well
By sirparksalot Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:00 am
konc3pt wrote:I think most common problem with 2500 is left output problem. Had three 2500 n one had this issue, my current one might be suffering from this as well although I'm inclined to think this particular one might be volume pot related since I can get it to work correctly with few volume turns, apparently few suffer from some kind of static noise.

my first 2500 that I bought brand new, stopped outputting sound completely but this happened after power surge in the house, blew capacitor, forat fixed it. I'd say there is some faulty 2500's out there but there few solid ones out there as well

Try some Deoxit DN5 on that volume pot......I use it in our patch bays at work. Removes any kind of scratchiness and signal lost caused by oxidation.
By Metatron72 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 am
Yeah cleaning pots and knowing you may have to fix some tact switches is about all you need to worry about even on the Numark MPC's. The older tacts by all accounts have longer lifespans (60,3k,4K).

But used MPC's (all of mine) have never been a sucker bet or gamble really. For the money you can save it's worth exploring.

Although a dead stock boxed 2500 is much cheaper now if you can source one. I bet some LE's and SE's are still floating around European distributor's stock somewhere.
By sirparksalot Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 am
Metatron72 wrote:Yeah cleaning pots and knowing you may have to fix some tact switches is about all you need to worry about even on the Numark MPC's. The older tacts by all accounts have longer lifespans (60,3k,4K).

But used MPC's (all of mine) have never been a sucker bet or gamble really. For the money you can save it's worth exploring.

Although a dead stock boxed 2500 is much cheaper now if you can source one. I bet some LE's and SE's are still floating around European distributor's stock somewhere.

Armen still has some brand new 2500's on eBay for around $1200-1300 I think. I know his prices are high, but all things considered, that isn't a terrible price for a brand new machine that they don't make anymore. I would rather buy a used machine for $700 and some tact switches for $.05, though :lol:
By Metatron72 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:54 am
Armen....yeah. :lol:

He's funny with prices, but he always has desirable stuff. Next time I'm in NYC I gotta meet this dude face to face.

..."No for real though Armen...who asked to rack mount an SP, I just get puzzled yo..." :lol:

To me that means somebody else might have $999/$1050 dead stock.

But yeah man, $700 used 2500's are a very real thing nowadays.
By peeping tom Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:01 am
Metatron72 wrote:Armen....yeah. :lol:

He's funny with prices, but he always has desirable stuff. Next time I'm in NYC I gotta meet this dude face to face.

..."No for real though Armen...who asked to rack mount an SP, I just get puzzled yo..." :lol:

To me that means somebody else might have $999/$1050 dead stock.

But yeah man, $700 used 2500's are a very real thing nowadays.

yeah there even popping up in Aus like that, more-so the numark than the older models, but yeap.

tact switches and a rubber pad sets are only cheap too :)
By konc3pt Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm
sirparksalot wrote:Try some Deoxit DN5 on that volume pot......I use it in our patch bays at work. Removes any kind of scratchiness and signal lost caused by oxidation.

will do, right on :nod:
By jimmie Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm
After 6 years of usage I've replaced 6 of the plastic buttons, a few tact switches and my jog wheel broke after the first year.
With JJOS there is no need to use the jog wheel though. It's much faster to use SHIFT + '-' / '+', so I never replaced it. Even if I did replace it I wouldn't use it. It's damn loud too.
By ntalec Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:00 am
crossings wrote:
Stashy wrote:my 1000 feels limited with the midi in and outs.

It helps but you still can't address the MIDI channels directly from you track parameters which makes the hard wired MIDI outs so effective.

2500s are good machines I loved mine but hated the ghost pads.
That was the only issue I ever had and it was an early 2500.