Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By loose_t Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:38 pm
I just ordered one. My jog wheel has been dead for a year, and I usually avoided using it when it did work, as it was inaccurate and noisy. So very excited to getting this installed.
By richie Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:06 am
Is there anything about this PCB that is better than the stock one?

I mean other than a better rotary encoder style or can a user modify their original pcb to be the equivalent to this new version?
By atasco Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 am
Really curious about this. I've got a love/hate relationship with the original jogwheel, the clicks are kinda nice but they drive me crazy sometimes. Also got some dead and dying buttons so this would be a good all-in-one solution.

Someone wrote this in another thread:
Not sure if this is a problem for new thread but the jog-wheel action seems a bit jerky.
Like if you only want to change one number value it jumps about quite a bit, if you get what I mean.
By Star One Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm
atasco wrote:
Someone wrote this in another thread:

Not sure if this is a problem for new thread but the jog-wheel action seems a bit jerky.
Like if you only want to change one number value it jumps about quite a bit, if you get what I mean.

I remember reading this I think. And he was talking about when he replaced his Jog Wheel right? I'm pretty sure it was not about these new boards.

richie wrote:Is there anything about this PCB that is better than the stock one?

I mean other than a better rotary encoder style or can a user modify their original pcb to be the equivalent to this new version?

The main thing is just the jog wheel. Plus it's new. So less age on everything can be a benefit. Plus very good for all those people who were sitting on ebay waiting for a replacement right-side PCB to come up. Some people were paying 200 for one.
By atasco Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 pm
I think he was talking about the new one:
The new style jog wheel feels a bit odd. Rotates nice & smooth but sticks out quite a bit. Nice though. Its awesome to have my 2500 back!

Gonna wait for some more reactions/reviews before getting it. In any case big up to mpcstuff for bringing new stuff out
By Phonetic Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:06 pm
Yo, that comment was about the new type board. I got one & one of the buttons didn't work & the jog wheel was going crazy.
MPCstuff told me to return it & they're gonna exchange it for another.
With a bit of luck it'll be back soon & my 25K will finally be working again. The guys at MPCstuff are sound as a pound though & have been cool about sorting it out.
By Star One Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:42 pm
Oh okay. Yeah I've ordered stuff that has not worked, and without any discussion Mike would simply say "Send it back and we'll send a new one to you"

atasco wrote:I think he was talking about the new one:
The new style jog wheel feels a bit odd. Rotates nice & smooth but sticks out quite a bit. Nice though. Its awesome to have my 2500 back!

Gotcha. You didn't mention which thread or a name, I thought it must have been one of the threads where someone replaced theirs incorrectly.

With so many jog wheel threads, I get them mixed up
:nod:
By Phonetic Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:27 am
Star One wrote:Oh okay. Yeah I've ordered stuff that has not worked, and without any discussion Mike would simply say "Send it back and we'll send a new one to you"

atasco wrote:I think he was talking about the new one:

Gotcha. You didn't mention which thread or a name, I thought it must have been one of the threads where someone replaced theirs incorrectly.

With so many jog wheel threads, I get them mixed up
:nod:

No worries. As soon as it arrives I'll post my results.
By Matriks Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:16 pm
Phonetic wrote:
Matriks wrote:Also important to know that this only works with JJ OS.

True. But everone uses JJ don't they?
I went back to the Akai OS once........uggghhhhh horrible.

:lol: Yes hopefully they do! :nod:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:17 pm
Matriks wrote:But everone uses JJ don't they?

Not really, it's popular with members around here but from what I've found is that most MPC1000/2500 owners are either unaware of its existence or simply not interested in installing a third party OS.

Your average 1000/2500 owner is perfectly happy with Akai OS - in fact many don't even realise that the firmware is even upgradable in the first place and are still running the version of Akai OS that was installed when they first bought the machine (often version 1.x).

How many people buy a phone and jailbreak/root it? A very small minority in the general scheme of things, it's no different with MPCs. Just power users and geeks :)
By _wheeljack_ Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:08 pm
just ordered one myself. mode button is about dead so instead of replacing just the tact i figured why not replace the whole thing. so much feedback from users w/ button issues on their 2500. jog wheel is a bonus, endless clicking was always annoying to me and really served zero purpose functionally. will let you know how it works out, and interested to hear feedback from others here.