Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By ononeharbinger Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:44 am
Whutup everybody.
Got a weird one here.
Finder wouldn't let go and i was super late so I had to force eject. Stupid i'm so stupid.
Turned it on later and there was first distortion (like a fuzzy feedback) without any pads being touched.
I freaked out restarted and got it to the point where the distortion only plays with samples now. yay. :Sigh:
This is main outs and headphones.
I booted down to JJOS3.. no distortion!
Booted up to JJOS128XL... no distortion!
Booted back to JJOS128SP... distortion. :fku:
Went bak down to 128XL and did a whole project all weekend with no issues.
Redownloaded 128SP just now and tried to load that up. distortion is back like it never left.
Seems like the piece of drive that runs that specific OS is burnt.
Oh ya and i ran disk repair/disk check on the hard drive and reformatted.
Will replacing the hard drive work? Do i need to switch the internal flash?
I love 128SP can't chop like that in 128XL any help would be the shit i don't even know what to fix.

Thank you much,
-Mark
By ononeharbinger Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:12 am
BAM! :mrgreen:
If this ever happens to anyone else, It appears I found the fix.
Last Night I had gone back down to JJOS3 and up to JJ128SP formatting the drive at each OS.
Still distortion/corruption/whatever the F it was.
After a day of slow burning depression i came home and USB linked up the 2500 Hard Drive to my MAC one more time and ran Disk Repair on it.
Nothing out the ordinary but it did do some things with the directory.
(Sorry I don't have the log or a screenshot)
And now i'm all good with my 128SP. No distortion.
zooming in on chops with the cursor buttons, playing each slice with beginning or end of the sample highlighted for editing depending on what pad...all the good shit i love about 128SP.
Not to mention i get to use my full XL screen.
I really would have gone back down to OS3 and a half screen for the chopping features, but misty eyed always thinking of all the crap i can do from the main screen with the XL.
Thank god. :worthy:

P.s. Only variable is the new USB cord that was on my doorstep when i got home. Don't know if it mattered but i was using a (8?) years old USB before and I used the new one it to link up tonight. Been using that old cord forever with no problems.
By JUKE 179r Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:15 pm
Good to hear you solved the problem.
It'll help others that might have this same problem.