Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Stylistik Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:24 pm
I've been upgrading my gear little by little going from a PC with Pro Tools 6.4 LE, a midi interface, an MPC 2500, a fantom x6 and a mixer to a Macbook Pro, a Machine mk2, a Pre Sonus audio interface with one stereo input (2 mono) and now switched to Logic Pro X. With the old setup I had everything synced together using the midi interface along with the mbox 1 so the workflow was great. My question is I want to have everything sync like before with my MPC 2500, Fantom X6 and my Machine mk2 working together in Logic Pro X. What is the best way to do that? Can I use what I have and make it work with my mixer or get a new audio interface with more inputs? I was looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6…
By Lampdog Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm
Me, I've never cared for a physical mixer, I've been happy with the on screen mixer of my audio interface. More physical inputs is a great thing to have with so much gear. Each port can break out into seperate/multiple tracks in DAW. I'd say ditch the 2 channel audio interface if possible. Focusrite makes good stuff.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:22 pm
Do that and make sure you can return it if you don't like it.
By Lampdog Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 pm
Stylistik wrote:Thanks Lapdog for taking the time to reply. I'm going to pick that Scarlett up tomorrow

Wuddup, did you cop that interface or what?
By Lampdog Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:16 pm
WASKMUSIC wrote:im using the scarlett 18i20 and im happy with the unit. if you want to record stuff thats playing on your computer you could workaround a loopback feature by connecting the SPDIF OUT to the SPDIF in ;)

I've done that with the virtual patching in my UFX.
Funny to hear that someone else does that also, but, shit works, lol.