Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By bobbyj Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:09 am
Morning people. I'm after a little assistance in mapping my mpc 2500 to my d station. I have the MIDI map from the D station manual and in the MPC i'm in the program/notes tab. So, I see before me which mpc pad is mapped to which MIDI note, no problem. It lets me edit the notes but doesn't offer the whole scale to select from. For example, first note in the d station map is c0 (note 24) - but the mpc won't let me select c0 (24), the lowest i can select is note #35. So, what i thought would be a simple job has got me baffled. Hopefully i'm missing something obvious? All help welcome, thanks in advance, Mike
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:18 am
No you're not missing anything, the MPC2500 only accepts notes 35 to 98 on pads. It can store and trigger MIDI events within sequences over the full MIDI Note range (i.e. when using MIDI tracks), but within a MPC2500 program, only 35-98 are available to assign.

Don't worry, I made a free program that runs from MIDI note 0, it will work in the 2500:

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/low-midi-note- ... -template/

The restriction is that you cannot make any further changes to the MIDI note assignments.