Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By PillsInfinity Thu May 31, 2018 3:16 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I've been waiting for a response and forgot all about it. This is all you could come up with? lol

its like i been making beats for too long and if your stuff is this boring and uncreative don't talk to me about anything, ever. please. haha.
By PillsInfinity Thu May 31, 2018 3:19 pm
dynamic wrote:
PillsInfinity wrote:btw I figured out how to map it last night...

I'm in the exact same situation. I need to use my MPC2500 to trigger the drum rack in Ableton. I was told to get the Roland UM-ONE, but I'm not sure how to configure in it preferences to do the trick, or if I'm even using the USB or MIDI adapter. Are you willing to share how you made it happen? Did you use the Roland UM-ONE?

Thanks for your time in advance.

(I realized there was a page 2 to this thread after I posted. I'll be trying your method. Thanks for posting!)

sorry for late response, did you get it working?
By saltmcgault Thu May 31, 2018 7:49 pm
Since you're the next best thing since dr. dre why dont you peel yer man panties out of yer ass, hike up yer skinny jeans, and enter in the beat battles. Or are you too busy still crying on the forums and asking dumb questions and crying over spending $20 of your mommy and daddies money? Your diss's on my beats don't mean anything to me. i could give 0 **** about your opinion. Especailly coming from a little entitled whining stupid ass dude. You do a lot of crying on this forum. :lol:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:28 pm
PillsInfinity wrote:i bet you're like almost 30 using a meme rn. :Sigh:

Like Redman said Whateva Man

Yo Salt arguing with PillsInfinity is like playing chess with a pigeon, It will just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut around like it's won anyway
By PillsInfinity Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:38 am
saltmcgault wrote:Since you're the next best thing since dr. dre why dont you peel yer man panties out of yer ass, hike up yer skinny jeans, and enter in the beat battles. Or are you too busy still crying on the forums and asking dumb questions and crying over spending $20 of your mommy and daddies money? Your diss's on my beats don't mean anything to me. i could give 0 **** about your opinion. Especailly coming from a little entitled whining stupid ass dude. You do a lot of crying on this forum. :lol:

I bought my mpc 4 years ago for $872 as an investment into my self taught craft to achieve a sound i wanted at the time. Beat battles are for people that don't get placements or have any intention to. I could understand how i seemed entitled (to information) to you but understand i'm a product of the age of information. I've worked hard and studied hard to invest in my craft. Therefore I'm not going to take your "find a new hobby" snobby basic mpc user take on my mindset lightly especially with a style of production i used simply as a base and outgrew into finding my own sound you proudly put on display. learn to play some chords, stop relying on other artists talent to capture a cheap sound to express yourself and the chino's are tapered sweetheart.
By PillsInfinity Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:

Yo Salt arguing with PillsInfinity is like playing chess with a pigeon, It will just knock over all the pieces, **** on the board and strut around like it's won anyway

I encourage you to keep your weak ass clunky drum patterns and repetitive song structuring to yourself.
By PillsInfinity Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:

Yo Salt arguing with PillsInfinity is like playing chess with a pigeon, It will just knock over all the pieces, **** on the board and strut around like it's won anyway

your mixing is also pretty...pretty much non-existent. i'm not going to knock if it's not there.
By saltmcgault Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 pm
so basically you’re saying not only are you a entitled skinny jean wearing little $&@“@ you’re also a pu$$y that inflates his own ego talking himself up while dissing on other people’s shit. you won’t get in the beat battle because you’re a pu$$y. so where’s all your platinum beats at? you’re full of $hit. Talking yourself up like a little entitled $&@&$ with nothing to show for it.i’m sorry that in the beat battles there’s only 1 winner and that everybody that participates doesn’t get a trophy. you’re too scared because you know you ain’t $hit! Did you ever figure out how to use the compact flash card on your 2500?
:Sigh: :lol:
Last edited by saltmcgault on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:27 pm
PillsInfinity wrote:I encourage you to keep your weak ass clunky drum patterns and repetitive song structuring to yourself.

That's your opinion and everyone has the right to an opinion, so where is your music for me to have an opinion on? To be honest we could go head to head, toe to toe, word for word over the next 20 page until one of us gets fed up replying or the thread gets locked by the mods.

As they say actions speak louder then words, so I've thrown the gauntlet down and challenged you in the call-out thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32538&p=1745489#p1745489

PillsInfinity wrote:your mixing is also pretty...pretty much non-existent. i'm not going to knock if it's not there.
If you actually check my soundcloud page your see they are all battle entries not finished polished tracks done for other people, projects or albums hence the lack of mastering and mixing. I'm not really worried about doing studio quality mixing and mastering for an outlet that I do for a bit of fun to be honest with you.
By saltmcgault Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:14 pm
PillsInfinity wrote:“I bought my mpc 4 years ago for $872”

So how long did you have to sit in the corner and pout before mommy and daddy finally broke down and bought you that mpc? :lol: and don’t lie you know they did.
By PillsInfinity Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 am
saltmcgault wrote:so basically you’re saying not only are you a entitled skinny jean wearing little $&@“@ you’re also a pu$$y that inflates his own ego talking himself up while dissing on other people’s ****. you won’t get in the beat battle because you’re a pu$$y. so where’s all your platinum beats at? you’re full of $hit. Talking yourself up like a little entitled $&@&$ with nothing to show for it.i’m sorry that in the beat battles there’s only 1 winner and that everybody that participates doesn’t get a trophy. you’re too scared because you know you ain’t $hit! Did you ever figure out how to use the compact flash card on your 2500?
:Sigh: :lol:

i don't need a platinum record, i'm not that short sighted. this is the crux of your being right here; you're interested in me, i'm not interested in you in the slightest. this is a predicament i have honestly not been in with men or anything but hoes on the internet, this is kind of weird.

as for my cf, i guess the problem was the brand i bought was incompatible with my mpc at that point (last march?), i'd rather my ide have not died. i had 4 small cf cards that came with my mpc prior when i got it that i eventually gave away.

my response to beat battles (not your flawed perception on music/life.)...i don't think kobe would challenge smush to play one one to prove his skill.

at this point i'm only wondering what type of pants you wear if they're not fitted or tailored, you must be a better dresser than me, i'd feel like a hot mess in wide legs or boot cuts. i gave up denim as an adult, i don't even know.
By PillsInfinity Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:58 am
saltmcgault wrote:
PillsInfinity wrote:“I bought my mpc 4 years ago for $872”

So how long did you have to sit in the corner and pout before mommy and daddy finally broke down and bought you that mpc? :lol: and don’t lie you know they did.

i spent 3 months at a factory job. my mother was unemployed. she was actually upset i spent that much money on music. lol