Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By dunk Mon May 09, 2016 2:14 pm
I'm in the uk and my MPC2500 is slowly falling to bits, it's been used evey day and played many shows and needs a bit of TLC. MPC Stuff has eveything i want but by the time i pay their prices and shipping and tax i could buy a new machine.!

Anyone?
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 09, 2016 3:06 pm
Nowhere in the EU, you can pick up some of the more generic parts from sites like Farnell and Mouser but you'll need to know what you are looking for in terms of exact part numbers, plus those places usually have a minimum order quantity (e.g. 50+). Some parts these days are now NLA and MPC Stuff have spent the time and money developing their own versions, so they are the only option for those.

Another option is to buy up a 'not working, for parts' MPC off ebay and strip off what you need.

I did look into setting something up for the UK/EU, but it's a tough business to justify in terms of the amount of varied stock you'd need compared to the limited niche demand.
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 11, 2016 11:59 am
The buttons and 'smooth' jog wheel board are MPC Stuff manufactured parts, so you'll struggle to get them anywhere else. You can of course paint your existing buttons as a workaround. Jazzcat on Facebook might be able to source some second hand boards, but I don't think there's any non-US distributors of the boards.

I do have a set of black MPC2500 'fat' pads in stock, still sealed - they are not the standard thickness ones you have linked to, they are these ones:

https://www.mpcstuff.com/akai-mpc-mpd-t ... set-black/

Also includes a set of corx. I can have those sent out via Royal mail first class recorded, first thing tomorrow - £36.99 including shipping.
By Lampdog Wed May 11, 2016 4:30 pm
@ dunk, ever thought about finding a parts only 2500? No stereo/headphone out is a big deal.
By dunk Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am
could never find a spares/repairs 2500 in uk or i would have had it...

emailed akai support

Part No: Part Description: Price (ex VAT):
AAL4039A040BS PCB Assy, Operation, Left £28.80
AAL4039A040AS PCB Assy, Operation, Right £99.71

£10 shipping all this is plus vat so add 20%

so it's still expemsive
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 12, 2016 8:42 am
dunk wrote:Part No: Part Description: Price (ex VAT):
AAL4039A040BS PCB Assy, Operation, Left £28.80
AAL4039A040AS PCB Assy, Operation, Right £99.71

£10 shipping all this is plus vat so add 20%

Remember that the Akai right board will feature the original 'clicky clacky' style data wheel encoder, MPC Stuff's version has the smooth 2000XL style option and it's actually £24 cheaper (approx £96 including VAT).
By davehate Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:43 am
What's wrong with your pcb? I was able to fix mine with some mcguyver soldering skills...is the pot damaged or do you not know whats causing problems?
By DJPhD Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:00 pm
davehate wrote:What's wrong with your pcb? I was able to fix mine with some mcguyver soldering skills...is the pot damaged or do you not know whats causing problems?

Do you have a MPC 2500? I need help with removing my PCB board.