Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By KChristiano Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:01 pm
I have a mpc2500 and a MPK88 midi controller that i use with ableton. I have No clue how to set the mpc2500 as my workstation. How can i play the instruments from ableton program on my MPK and use the mpc2500 sequencer recorder? Is that even possible? Please feel free to email me at [email protected] the breakdown and Ill throw a $20 thru paypal. For real.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:09 pm
funny you should mention $20 - I wrote a book that teaches you how to use an MPC with Ableton, including playing Live instruments through your MPC sequencer. MPC2500 fully covered (to play via your MPK, just plug MIDI out of MPK into MIDI in of MPC). Cost = $19.99 (includes many more integration tutorials as well, i.e. tracking, midi sync, launching clips from your MPC etc).

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... eton-live/
By KChristiano Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:24 pm
So I purchased the digital book and I tried to get through the hookup with the limited amount of knowledge I have. I have a feeling my issue is the connections for my cords. My equipment is this:
Mpk88
Mpc2500
Yamaha steinburg audio interface
ableton
dell labtop
assuming i have all necessary cords can u tell me what goes where? Thanks for your time....
By MPC-Tutor Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:39 pm
Thanks for checking out the book. Here's my suggestions:

1. MPK88 MIDI OUT to MPC MIDI IN

2. MPC MIDI OUT to Yamaha interface MIDI IN

3. Audio out of Yamaha into mixer or direct into your room amp/speakers

4. In Ableton, set audio and midi in/out to use the Yamaha

5. Optional: IF you want to hear MPC2500 audio as well (i.e. your sequence is also running internal MPC samples etc), then you'll also need to connect the MPC audio outs to your room amp/speakers, usually via a mixer (i.e. the yamaha audio and mpc audio both go into the mixer and the mixer ioutputs to your room amp). Or you could run the MPC audio outputs into the audio inputs of your Yamaha if need be.
By KChristiano Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:52 pm
Stuck at that step if anyone can help out.....i can play the ableton sounds on the pads of the mpc and it will record on the mpc sequencer but if i play the actual keyboard it doesnt record.....
By KChristiano Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:32 pm
Only have midi out of mpk to midi in of mpc. Nothing else. Pretty frustrating. The notes the mpc is reading are all out of order too. I can hear the mpk when playing its just not recording.....