Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By WASKMUSIC Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:13 am
Hello,
Does anybody knows a part number for the above mentioned pot? The ones described in the service manual doesnt help because i cant find it with the partnumber. I know mpcstuff has some but the shipping is totally insane.

So is there a regular part number for this on mouser or similar sites?

Thanks
By richie Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:40 am
I spent a while searching, this may be the part RK14K12C0A1S

Let us know!
By WASKMUSIC Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:36 am
looking good. i have to order from texas so it take a while. but before i do i ask another tech (friend of mine) whats his opinion with the help of the datasheet and the service manual.

any other ideas?

i reply if this works! :worthy:
By richie Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:47 pm
The MPC 1000 uses the same record pot but with a smaller stem. I spent about 40 minutes reading ALPS reading data sheets and the one I listed seems to be the closest to what you'll need. It matches in relation to it being a 10k ohm resistor, the step value and height. The only way to know 100% is to try it.

I suggest you order a few extra parts or something to justify the shipping from mouser. Perhaps some more tact switches and rotary encoder (depending on which one your 2500 has)

Does mouser not offer flat rate international to Germany as well? I live in Canada and I get my mouser stuff in under 24 hours!
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:02 pm
richie wrote:Does mouser not offer flat rate international to Germany as well? I live in Canada and I get my mouser stuff in under 24 hours!

Shipping is free for orders of 50€ and up.
By richie Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:56 am
**** wrote:Shipping is free for orders of 50€ and up.

For me its free from $100 so about the same as you. Otherwise $20 for shipping through either FedEX or UPS.
By WASKMUSIC Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:58 pm
yeah i indeed need some morre switches and sliders. im now looking for sliders for the 500/1000. is there an equivalent on mouser?

i will order them as soon as i order something from mouser.

when you order them on mpcstuff you can select rec or volume pot. do you think they are different? me not...
By WASKMUSIC Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:44 pm
the above posted part fits physically, but not technical.

the volume is LOUD with poti all the way down, the audio is quiet and not distorted in the 12 o clock position, the level starts getting loud again if you open the poti til the end.