Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By sym35 Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 pm
Hey people, I was just wondering I'm getting a mpc2500 very soon, and was wondering if the flash card reader built in was hot swoppable I'm hoping it is as it's a pain when wanting to add new sounds from other cards to the stuff on my other card ect if it isn't can I possibly buy a hot swoppable flash drive for the mpc
2500?
By Lampdog Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 pm
Use the usb on the mpc to connect to computer. Transfer files from computer to mpc that way also.

Diff brand readers are hot-swappable, some are, some are not.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:28 pm
Probably your best option for what you wanna do is to get a USB 3 in 1 card reader, I picked up one a few years ago similar to this one for next to nothing.

Very quick and easy to transfer samples, project files etc between my compact flash cards and backup my MPC files/compact flash card using my laptop.

Going along what what Lampdog said, another storage option would be to to get a HDD or even better option a CF style SSD and use the USB to PC function but you will only get USB 1.1 speeds so if you using gigabytes of samples etc it will be pretty slow transferring data, but there are plenty of threads on here about SSD and HDD, just use the search function.
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 pm
sym35 wrote:I'm getting a mpc2500 very soon, and was wondering if the flash card reader built in was hot swoppable

Yes it is.
By sym35 Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 am
Thanks for the replys guys I got it a week ago and it's hot swoppable..
By MalaKai Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:33 am
Be careful about the CF pins on the front slot, those can be damaged if you're not paying attention and stick a card in sideways.

This is also a good product I use for backing up to a computer, much faster than a USB cable:

By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:25 pm
sym35 wrote:Thanks for the replys guys I got it a week ago and it's hot swoppable..

It maybe of some help and use to other people looking and researching if its possible, if you told them what make and model etc of hot swappable flash drive you purchased and installed.