Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Omakase Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:41 am
hi guys im new to MPCs and I recently just got myself an MPC2500 from Japan.

So i wanted to install the jjos to my MPC and got myself one Sandisk Compact Flash 32gb with 50mbps speed.
i got the jjos into my CF and plugged it in my MPC. i followed the installing instruction provided by JJOS website.
And finally after finished installing the mpc said to restart. i restarted my MPC2500 but now its stuck on the MPC 128mb loading screen.

Please, I really need help. I havent even tried using it yet. :cry:
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:41 am
Had to previously managed to power up the MPC successfully before installing JJOS?

Try the following:

Turn off your MPC, hold down the ERASE key and power on. Release the ERASE key when you see the MPC128MB screen. This re-initialises the MPC to factory default settings and can often fix problems.

If this doesn't work, turn off your MPC, and remove the 128MB RAM expansion. Reboot - if this fixes it you have faulty RAM.

You can also try reinstalling the original Akai OS:

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-operating-systems/

1. Insert a Compact Flash card with an OS (BIN) file on it into MPC
2. Turn the power on while pressing down the [WINDOW] button
3. Pressing the REC button the MPC will start processing the update and the
MPC will then re-boot automatically with the new OS
By Omakase Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 am
"Had to previously managed to power up the MPC successfully before installing JJOS?"

yeah it worked before i installed the jjos, thing is i have a feeling its because the memory card might not be compatible therefore it installed a corrupted jjos maybe. i have read somewhere that it is not recommended to use more than 4 gig CF with low speed? actually when i first used the CF it was telling me "wrong card"
but i forgot what i did but i got it working to the point it was installing the JJOS. now the only thing thats working is going to the screen when you hold WINDOW when turning on. but then it goes to "wrong card". tried removing the card, it went to "insert memory card", inserted the card again and it says wrong card again.

"Try the following:

Turn off your MPC, hold down the ERASE key and power on. Release the ERASE key when you see the MPC128MB screen. This re-initialises the MPC to factory default settings and can often fix problems."

I tried this but it didnt work. its still on the MPC 128 installed screen

"If this doesn't work, turn off your MPC, and remove the 128MB RAM expansion. Reboot - if this fixes it you have faulty RAM. "

I have not had the chance to try this ill do it tonight

You can also try reinstalling the original Akai OS:

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-operating-systems/

1. Insert a Compact Flash card with an OS (BIN) file on it into MPC
2. Turn the power on while pressing down the [WINDOW] button
3. Pressing the REC button the MPC will start processing the update and the
MPC will then re-boot automatically with the new OS