Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By PillsInfinity Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:47 am
i thought normally burning folders from my mac would work but it doesn't, is there a type of disc i need or format operation i need to do first or something or is my mpc disc drive just f*cked?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm
Here is the amendment to the 2500 manual for using the CD drive

http://www.hiphoptools.com/mpc-manuals/ ... dumv12.pdf

Maybe worth having a look at the amendment and seeing if that can help you. I never used the CD Drive to burn to disc, I've only used it to occasionally sample with.
By PillsInfinity Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Here is the amendment to the 2500 manual for using the CD drive

http://www.hiphoptools.com/mpc-manuals/ ... dumv12.pdf

Maybe worth having a look at the amendment and seeing if that can help you. I never used the CD Drive to burn to disc, I've only used it to occasionally sample with.

yea thats what i mean, to sample with mine's not reading
By selecta jo Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 pm
try to burn a cd with no folders only samples and see if the mpc will read these. keep in mind that the samples have to be 16bit 44.1khz other formats are ignored by the mpc.
try a standard music cd (original or burned) to see if you can sample from that. if this does not work, your cd drive has a problem.
is it a original akai dvd drive or a third party drive (teac or other)?

peace, jo
By PillsInfinity Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:12 am
selecta jo wrote:try to burn a cd with no folders only samples and see if the mpc will read these. keep in mind that the samples have to be 16bit 44.1khz other formats are ignored by the mpc.
try a standard music cd (original or burned) to see if you can sample from that. if this does not work, your cd drive has a problem.
is it a original akai dvd drive or a third party drive (teac or other)?

peace, jo

ones a standard samsung pleomax cd the other is a verbatim dvd, i tried what you did and it still didnt work.