Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By oldwon75 Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:16 am
Both of my Q-link 1 and 2 are damaged, like the numbers fluctuate or comes out random when i move it up and down.. and my Cursor botton is very stiff and hard. What do you guys think i shouls do? Should i solder iron this bad boy or maybe i should just buy new parts from mpcstuff? Any suggestion?
By oldwon75 Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:11 am
WASKMUSIC wrote:solder in 4 tactswitches for your cursor and solder in 2 new sliders. shouldnt be a problem.

Hi i think im gonna try this medhod, im gonna buy similar parts at acomputer shops also incase its not the soldirng problem but the actualy slider parts, for the cursor im little scared because i have no idea opening rightside board. :worthy:
By WASKMUSIC Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 am
sorry man i really don't understand what u mean. please answer in a full sentence because english isn't my main language but im trying to help.

you can find videos on youtube how to open up your case from the 2500, which will explain you well which screws to take out. losing some cables inside shouldn't be a problem for you. the connectors you can loosen up with a flathead small screwdriver and be careful. on the right control pcbs the cable on the front right corner is either a flat cable with a "clip" to open, just pull the small plastic clip towards you (the front) or it is just a connector without a clip, pull the cable out the same way without opening the clip (bc there is none). desolder the 16 solder joints for the cursor buttons, put new ones in and resolver them. for the sliders, just dismount the pcbs board and desolder the 12 solder joints for the two sliders, put new ones in and resolver them. can't be clearer than that.
By richie Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:08 am
@WASK your english isn't the problem at all. I'm a native english speaker and found oldwon's response to be absolutely incoherent.