Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By gwillclark Thu May 04, 2017 5:09 am
Hey everyone...

New to the forum.
I bought an MPC 2500 about 5 months ago. I've been using it with no problems up until a couple of days ago. My inputs and outputs are fryyyyed. It goes in and out when I'm trying to send audio through my Main Stereo Outs. I get a couple of seconds then square waves, like an error sound, if anything at all. The sound sometimes comes back but only for a few seconds. I've tried reseting the software and switching out the audio cables but at this point I'm fairly positive that it's a hardware issue.

My assignable outs are also dead, and my record in goes in and out just like the main stereo out... Other than that, everything works fine, I'd just love to be able to sample vinyl straight from my turntable again. If anyone has any advice or has encountered similar issues I'd be super appreciative for any suggestions you have!

Thanks!! :worthy:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue May 30, 2017 9:10 pm
Could be a number of reasons but the best thing to do is to open it up and check for any damaged to the PCBs, check the PCB tracks for any visible solder cracks. Also check for any loose cables, loose component and any component that might be damage or the smell of burning etc.

If you not sure that something looks right then post a few photos up and no doubt someone will be able to identify if there is an issue or not.
By Lampdog Wed May 31, 2017 3:40 pm
Is there too much stress on the cables right where the plugs are? Maybe solder points inside have come loose and making intermittent connections? Shorts in cables? Those are the more simple things to check just like said above.