Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By teezytaughtme Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 pm
Im having a few problems with my Mpc 2500.
Firstly, when i press the pads on mpc 2500 it activates multiple pads instead of just one.
This happens during recording in midi, one pad activates multiple midi signals.
Secondly when i press the note repeat button with a pad to trigger a sample at a selected time ie (1/8, 1/6)
the mpc starts screeching and screaming and if i leave note repeat going the mpc completely freezes.

Does anyone know how to fix these issues or had these issues?
Or know what parts i need to replace to fix these functions?

Any help or comments are appreciated.
By starmanwarz Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:22 pm
Your pad sensor is faulty, you should get a new one. I (and many others) had the same exact problem, it's very common. It's fairly easy to install and there are a few videos on YouTube as well.

Regarding your other problem, the note repeat switch must be causing a short in the circuit, you should check the back of the board and see if there's something looking suspicious in the soldering.

Edit: your second problem might have something to do with your faulty pad sensor so by changing that you could fix both issues, if you are lucky.
By teezytaughtme Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm
Thanks for your comment.

I opened up the mpc and i found that the pad sensor were in fact working.
So just opening inside the mpc fixed my first problem, but im still having problems fixing and finding information about whats wrong with the note repeat button.
Thank you for the comment and reply.
By starmanwarz Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Trust me, the problem isn't fixed yet. I also opened it up multiple times, cleaned the sensor etc and after a few days/weeks the problem would occur again. It's just a temporary fix. You will have to replace it, unfortunately. It could be days, it could be months before it malfunctions again.
By teezytaughtme Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 am
All issues apart from the analog inputs have solved by downgrading the software.
I was using MPC OS128XL 2.16 and downgraded to OS128SP 1.10 which solved by note repeat problems and 90% of the others.
i was about to buy a bunch of replacement parts, i now have fixed the problems without paying a cent. :worthy: