Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By wax_fortress Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:18 pm
First time poster here, searched the forum but could not find any resolution in old threads so here goes..

I was very sad to discover that the mpc 2500 i purchased on ebay arrived broken.

When I turn the power on, the LED screen lights up but remains blank (blank green screen)

What do you guys think the issue could be?

I have confirmed it is not because of contrast settings.

If anyone has done this repair before any information would be greatly appreciated!
By starmanwarz Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:05 pm
If it's faulty, why not send it back to the seller and get a refund?

You could open it up and see if there's something wrong with the screen cable which goes to the board, maybe it's not properly seated.
By richie Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm
It sounds like a dead motherboard. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that it is an issue with the screen connector but judging from the fact the screen gets power but no data on it, it does not sound like the connector is the issue.
By DeadBeatz Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:40 pm
Is the CF card inserted? Try removing it and starting up your MPC. I literally got one yesterday on eBay and when I removed the CF card everything magically worked. Then I noticed bent prongs in the slot. May not be your issue but it was for me.

Also, First post!
By jaasi Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Hi,

I had the same issues on a unit that was standing around for some time w/o being touched at all and which had been working just fine before.

So I figured that it most probably was a connectivity problem due to some rust probably.

Took my Deoxit D5 spray (but I'm sure WD40 will do just as well) and put some of it into the socket connecting the screen to the motherboard.

Solved it for me!

Peace
By jaasi Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:04 pm
jaasi wrote:Hi,

I had the same issues on a unit that was standing around for some time w/o being touched at all and which had been working just fine before.

So I figured that it most probably was a connectivity problem due to some rust probably.

Took my Deoxit D5 spray (but I'm sure WD40 will do just as well) and put some of it into the socket connecting the screen to the motherboard.

Solved it for me!

Peace

Edit: actually, the problem keeps occurring and I think the Deoxit D5 was just a placebo effect.
By ghoulie Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:40 am
I can't remember if it was a straight up blank screen, but I was surprised by a frozen screen when I took the outputs off to test my 2500. This is probably common knowledge, but it seems every board has to be recognized in order to boot. Could be worth looking into.
By Flatout Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:00 pm
Wondering if I could get some help or advice before forking out for a new mainboard..
I bought a really used 2500, had no output board and qlink, Ive replaced both with appropriate cables bought new from mpcstuff.
When I power it on the screen lights up with no text, at the moment there is no HD or CF card installed, No CD drive. CF reader is damaged and waiting for a SD card adapter for the HD..
Would I be able to see something regardless of any drives being installed?
Could I hook it up through USB to my mac and install a OS?
Ive checked the screen connector and doesn't seem damaged or corroded in anyway.
Im hoping it maybe just a problem with the OS on the ROM? Is that possible?
I appreciate any input, thanks.
By DJ Instramental Jay Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:18 am
Hi there. I’m having the same problem with my 2500 but my mother board hasn’t completely gone out yet, and right now the unit just constantly restarts after being on for awhile… Eventually it will go out completely i’m assuming, causing it to not
Boot up properly or worse not even turn on lol. Unfortunately there are no 2500 motherboards for sale on mpcstuff.com anymore. Mpcstuff recently sold this 2500 to me with a dying motherboard! Not a happy camper. I haven’t seen anywhere online that would just sell the motherboard maybe ebay or you would have to buy another used 2500, and take the board out of that. Even then this would be kind of pointless. I feel your frustration about motherboard issues. Most likely if your 2500 is having serious issue it’s the motherboard going out. I pretty much wasted 1400$ on a lemon from mpcstuff.com. Unfortunately they are the only ones that still have SOME parts for these older machines. The 2500
Is becoming very hard to find parts for especially a motherboard. Luckily I have a 2000xl that sounds way better than the 2500 IMHO. I got ripped off from mpcstuff :lol: Hey if you want to buy parts for you 2500 everything except the motherboard on mine is good. The parts alone are worth 600$. Never again will I buy from mpcstuff Never!!!
By richie Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:30 pm
Read the other thread where you were responded to and given criteria to respond back with instead of posting about it again here.