Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By acronym Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 pm
OK its been years but I'm back.

Bought a 2500 however, the CF card reader has bent pins and its too expensive to replace so is there any way I can install via the HD or install an IDE to CF reader in teh HDD bay to do so?.

Help me out fam
By saltmcgault Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:16 pm
acronym wrote:OK its been years but I'm back.

Bought a 2500 however, the CF card reader has bent pins and its too expensive to replace so is there any way I can install via the HD or install an IDE to CF reader in teh HDD bay to do so?.

Help me out fam

you have a usb connection on the back of the 2500 hook it up to your computer and drag the OS on the mpc that way or get the cd reader for it and install it via cd. that's also great to save samples on a cd then load and save them that way. you can probably google on how to install OS to mpc via usb, but its pretty simple. hope this helps you out homie! :smoker:
By acronym Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:23 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
acronym wrote:OK its been years but I'm back.

Help me out fam

you have a usb connection on the back of the 2500 hook it up to your computer and drag the OS on the mpc that way or get the cd reader for it and install it via cd. that's also great to save samples on a cd then load and save them that way. you can probably google on how to install OS to mpc via usb, but its pretty simple. hope this helps you out homie! :smoker:

Thanks for the reply but you can't install os on the hdd, it had to be cf card. Don't think CD either.
By WASKMUSIC Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 am
Go to a drug store, buy a injection needle with a bigger hole inside, cut the sharp front and use it to massage your bent pins back. Be gentle and do it slowly with love. Cost 1$ and 5 minutes of your time.
By JUKE 179r Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 am
Use the red straw off a can of Wd-40 or compressed air to insert over the bent pin and straighten it out.
Romeo Done...
By Lampdog Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Use the red straw off a can of Wd-40 or compressed air to insert over the bent pin and straighten it out.
Romeo Done...

I’ve done that with pin shits my whole life, love water displacement 40th attempt.