Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By KorbenDallas Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 pm
Hi guys,

I am pretty new in the MPC business and have my MPC2500 since last week. It has JJOS1 Version 5.54 installed. It is working all fine so far but I ran into an issue that I find a bit weird.

When I chop a sample by using Trim > Auto Chop > Split Samples and assign one of the chopped parts to a pad, it somehow affects how other samples are played. E.g I have a longer synth sample on one pad that plays fine if I use "normal" samples that have been added using the Load function. As soon as I chopped a sample the synth sound either is cut off after a short time or isn't played at all.

Is this a known issue or am I simply doing something wrong?

By the way: Can I auto-assign the chopped parts of a sample to certain a Pad Bank?

Thanks in advance for any advice :worthy:
Last edited by KorbenDallas on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 pm
It’s not weird, it’s a poly setting I think. Look in your manual for program polyphony and/or sampl polyphony settings.

It also has been talked about here in the forum somewhere, don’t remember what thread though.
By KorbenDallas Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 am
Yes, it apparently was the polyphony setting of the program. Thanks for the hint. I also updated the OS ;)

Any hint about auto-assigning chopped samples to a specific pad bank of an existing program? If I create a program for the chopped samples, it is bound to a track afaik. If I don't create a program, I can select a empty bank and assign the parts to pads manually. My question is if this could by done automatically.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 pm
I don't think you can select auto-chops to go to specific pads automagically.

Check the manual again for autochopping and see how it functions. I don't have a 2500 but I've read some about it here in the forums for years.