Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By LabRat Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me deal with a recent issue with my (usually) trusty MPC 2500. It won't load up anymore- it freezes on the "...128MB ram installed" screen after I turn it on.

I haven't changed anything and it is only used in my home studio. I bought it new in the late 2000s and has never had any issues.

Andy Avgousti kindly responded to an email with the following:

"I assume your issue is related to the RAM, its either gone bad or has somehow become unseated in the RAM slot. I would take it out and reboot, see if that fixes the issue. If it does, reseat the RAM, make sure it is pushed in correctly. If the problem persists, try new RAM. But perhaps forum members will have other ideas so do post it up."

I tried reseating the RAM but no improvement. Before I go and buy more RAM does anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers!
By Lampdog Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:57 pm
Turn it off.

Take out the ram.

Turn it back on. The motherboard has a default 2mb RAM.

If it boots up and ready for operation then the problem is your ram.

That is what Andy is saying.
By saltmcgault Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 pm
LabRat wrote:Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me deal with a recent issue with my (usually) trusty MPC 2500. It won't load up anymore- it freezes on the "...128MB ram installed" screen after I turn it on.

I haven't changed anything and it is only used in my home studio. I bought it new in the late 2000s and has never had any issues.

Andy Avgousti kindly responded to an email with the following:

"I assume your issue is related to the RAM, its either gone bad or has somehow become unseated in the RAM slot. I would take it out and reboot, see if that fixes the issue. If it does, reseat the RAM, make sure it is pushed in correctly. If the problem persists, try new RAM. But perhaps forum members will have other ideas so do post it up."

I tried reseating the RAM but no improvement. Before I go and buy more RAM does anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers!

I ran into the same issue the otehr night. i bought a larger cf card and had it inserted and it would freeze where ever my screen was at when inserting it. I hope its something that simple to fix your issue.