Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By LivePsy Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:10 am
Hated when it hit, ridiculed by the 'experts' on this forum for years. The MPC2500 is a classic. Still rock solid today. Closer to the old MPCs in vibe than the MPC software generation. Its one of the last great hardware samplers. I love it.
By richie Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 am
By Sharris Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 pm
Yeah I love mine.....especially with JJOSXL. I considered selling it & my 500 to get the Live, mainly to downsize my set up a bit, but decided not too, I'm not so sure I would like the touch screen & I KNOW I love the 2500.

By alienp Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 pm
Sharris wrote:Yeah I love mine.....especially with JJOSXL. I considered selling it & my 500 to get the Live, mainly to downsize my set up a bit, but decided not too, I'm not so sure I would like the touch screen & I KNOW I love the 2500.

I was at the guitarcenter the other day playing with the live and the x... there's just way too much going on.
By Sharris Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:13 pm
Do you mean too much goin on, on the screens?

Yeah, I mean, I don't know, I think it's great that Akai is still making standalone MPC's with current features, they're just not for me. I ALMOST went for the Live, but in all honesty I'm glad I didn't. & I know people say they got used to the touch screen, but I'm already used to the 2500......& I actually like the little screen :)

I WILL say however, I haven't played with the X or the Live. & all though I would probably have fun with them, I don't think it would change my mind, the X is just too much money for what it does (in my opinion for my uses) & I just don't see me selling the 2500 for the Live. I use the additional midi outs a lot as well, that's what actually made my final decision, the number of midi outs.
By granma Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:48 pm
Bought an MCP live. Sold it. After having 5 different MPCs, the 2500 with JJXL is my favorite of all times, , nothing like this :D All manufactures are focused on bringing fancy stuff to drum machines, but the most important stuff is the basics where all of them waver
By JUKE 179r Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:14 pm
The 2500 is one of the better NUKAI samplers.
By JVC Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:The 2500 is one of the better NUKAI samplers.

MPC-1000 and MPC-2500 were not developed by "NUKAI".
MPC-1000 and MPC-2500 came out right before the original Akai Proffessional, closing the company for good.

My guess is that Numark just acquired remained inventry (unsold units) from Akai Proffessional (among with the brand name).
How much of intellectual property was actually givin to Numark is unclear, but judging from spec of MPC-5000, I don't think there wasn't much, if any.
JJOS is developed by a formar Akai developer and he has no relationship with Numark.