Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Kreemo Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Hey guys,

The Main Out of my MPC 2500 is broken (only left channel working) and I am living in morocco, where theres no AKAI Service. So i was wondering if i could just bring it to an local electronics guy to repair it.

Do you think its easy to do or can it only be done by AKAI special people?

Sorry for the bad english and thanks in advance :)
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:12 pm
I'd say yes you can take to a electronics shop for repair. Your problem is probably a broken solder joint on the circuit board for the right channel main out.
It's an easy fix soldering it back on to the circuit board.
Last edited by JUKE 179r on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 pm
If you are up to it, you can probably disassemble the 2500 and solder it yourself to save you some snaps for the petrol ⛽️...
By Lampdog Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 pm
Is this how 2018 is gonna start?

lol, trying to get petro. Funny.
By Sharris Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am
I have the same issue with mine, only 1 side of the stereo outs & headphone outs are working. My inputs and individual outs work fine tho. I'm currently using it that way, out the individual outs. Only issue is I haven't found a way to route the metronome & sample monitoring to the individual outs. I can live without a metronome, but want a good quality monitoring source when sampling. I have a few work arounds tho.

I have a solder gun & replaced tact switches no problem, so I'm gonna open it up & see if I can fix it myself. When that happens I'll try to post my findings in case it helps anyone else.