Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Ican Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 pm
Hi

I'm new to the MPC World and I got some questions for you all , I just got my MPC since 4 days ,I just play around with it , I switch from Akai software to JJ's xl Software , I haven't bought a Password yet , that the only thing missing.
It's a refurbishing MPC , it comes with 250Go Hard Drive , Kingston 2 Go CF Card ,for a noob like me it's good,What you think ?

About the Ram you said that the 25OO like the 1000, can only read one part of the chip ... 'we use 256MB so that 128MB shows up...' So when I boot my MPC if it say '128mb Installed ' that's mean I have a 256Mb RAM installed physically on the MPC 'Motherboard' right ?

And tell me if I'm right About Program and Sequences , when you make a beat the Program it's the assignment of sound to all pads , and sequences is the recording of the pad you hit , so when you make a beat you call for exemple program 1 drum kit , Programme 2 Sample , and For exemple Sequence 1 intro , Sequence 2 Hook or verse right ? That's noob question , I know :worthy:

Sorry for my bad English !
By Sharris Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 pm
When I boot my MPC if it say '128mb Installed ' that's mean I have a 256Mb RAM installed physically on the MPC 'Motherboard' right ? - That is correct, at least that's how it is with mine. I'm not sure if it's possible to buy RAM that's 128mb & reads the full 128mb, but as I far as I know you need 256mb RAM to get the full 128. If it's showing that you have "128mb installed" it means you have the full 128mb to use.

Programs are where all your samples are stored on the pads, so you're correct and sequences are where the midi is stored, but the way you describe it is correct. You can also switch out programs or specific samples if you like inside a sequence.

I have the 2500 with JJOSXL & love it!
By saltmcgault Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:56 pm
Ican wrote:Hi

I'm new to the MPC World and I got some questions for you all , I just got my MPC since 4 days ,I just play around with it , I switch from Akai software to JJ's xl Software , I haven't bought a Password yet , that the only thing missing.
It's a refurbishing MPC , it comes with 250Go Hard Drive , Kingston 2 Go CF Card ,for a noob like me it's good,What you think ?

About the Ram you said that the 25OO like the 1000, can only read one part of the chip ... 'we use 256MB so that 128MB shows up...' So when I boot my MPC if it say '128mb Installed ' that's mean I have a 256Mb RAM installed physically on the MPC 'Motherboard' right ?

And tell me if I'm right About Program and Sequences , when you make a beat the Program it's the assignment of sound to all pads , and sequences is the recording of the pad you hit , so when you make a beat you call for exemple program 1 drum kit , Programme 2 Sample , and For exemple Sequence 1 intro , Sequence 2 Hook or verse right ? That's noob question , I know :worthy:

Sorry for my bad English !

You are correct my man. just make sure to save all programs sequences and samples in a Project folder ".prj" So when you turn your mpc on just load that named "prj." folder and you'll right back at it with all programs w/samples and sequences that you made you can easily hit the right cursor button on the folder and just load specific samples or programs as well. i have JJOS128xl 2.17 installed and its pretty sweet!