Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By saltmcgault Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:40 pm
A while back i purchased the xl led screen, I was excited and decided to remove the cover so that when the new screen was delivered, i would already be halfway there on installing the new xl led screen. I went to the youtube link on how to install the new xl screen on my phone which didn't pop up the "update" window on skipping the step of drilling a 3/8" hole on the casing on the right side of where the screen sits for the contrast pod installation. I taped up the hole and slapped a skin on the casing "2000xl version" to cover the #$%@'n hole i pointlessly drilled. I want to be able to go back to the original black casing but theres a hole in it which sucks. Does anybody have or know where i can buy the outter casing? any info would be great. i thought i'd post this in hopes of somebody having one they might be interested in getting rid of. Thanks,
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 pm
Ebay is probably your best bet mate but I've never seen a OG outer case for the 2500 on sell on ebay, might worth adding it to a save search so your get a notification sent to your email etc if one turns up on there.
By richie Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:50 am
Doesn't mpcstuff sell replacement shells for the 2500 as well?

I mean, depending on how important it is to you -- you may as well just take what you have, sand it down and repaint it instead of spending another 300+ to get a new one.
By saltmcgault Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm
richie wrote:Doesn't mpcstuff sell replacement shells for the 2500 as well?

I mean, depending on how important it is to you -- you may as well just take what you have, sand it down and repaint it instead of spending another 300+ to get a new one.

I looked at maybe plugging the 3/8" hole and grind/sanding it then touch up the paint. I'm not sure what the would end up looking like. :lol: i have the hole taped up and bought a 2000xl skin to cover it. i just wanted to go back to the original black look. I was hoping to get one used for less than $169.
By richie Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 pm
I would be surprised to see one for $169. The only time I've seen them in that region is the ones where it looked like someone busted a thousand nuts on it.

But since you have a skin on it, it seems cheaper to just cope with the skin or get another skin more in line with what you prefer man.
By saltmcgault Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:23 pm
richie wrote:I would be surprised to see one for $169. The only time I've seen them in that region is the ones where it looked like someone busted a thousand nuts on it.

But since you have a skin on it, it seems cheaper to just cope with the skin or get another skin more in line with what you prefer man.

She works that's the most important thing. i just would like to her back to her all natural state. I may possibly buy one in the future. i havent seen any used faceplates for sale at all. i'll pass with somebodies used and spooged stain faceplate. :lol:
By saltmcgault Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:58 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Ebay is probably your best bet mate but I've never seen a OG outer case for the 2500 on sell on ebay, might worth adding it to a save search so your get a notification sent to your email etc if one turns up on there.

yeah I've looked but thats a good idea. i should've never jumped at the gun on taking my 2500 apart and drilling a &*%$^#@ hole in the faceplate. :WTF:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:58 pm
saltmcgault wrote:Yeah I've looked but thats a good idea. i should've never jumped at the gun on taking my 2500 apart and drilling a &*%$^#@ hole in the faceplate. :WTF:

Probably a lot cheaper repairing it yourself then shelling out for a new case, all you need is a fine metal file, masking tape, fine wet and dry paper, a decent epoxy putty for metal, anti rust spray, undercoat primer and matt black top coat.