Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By DSTRUCT Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:33 pm
wow, a new angle

By morgan Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:54 pm
I'm gettin ready to eat humble pie right now. It kind of looks like a cgi though, the buttons are lit up unlike in the original picture.

By ONE Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:34 pm
From that angle it looks really ugly. I'm really suspicious of new Akai products. I would have to wait awhile to see what's up with this machine. I feel that the newer the product from Akai, the more they cut corners, and the more it's about WOW factor than actual quality.

If it's dope I'll probably upgrade to that. It's got the timestretching that I want, the delay, chopping like on the MV, Piano roll, all the good schit. The timing and feel is the only thing I'm concerned about. If it's nice and loose and funky, it will be the perfect MPC.

By ONE Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:52 pm
soyo wrote:
ONE wrote:like on the MV, Piano roll, all the good schit.

Wei, piano roll? thats nice, where did you read that?

It's in one of the specs somewhere. I don't remember, there's like a thread on this on damn near overy forum in here.

Supposedly it had a drum grid and piano roll. But honestly, I can't see any of those features being all that great on that screen. I've seen what the akai grids look like on the 4k, and what the functionality is on those, and it's truly not all that. I never even used it.

If they did implement these in a good way....I'll be impressed, but like I said...I'm waiting for this machine to be out for a while and to be proven to be worth upgrading too.

By acidsid Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:55 pm
I think it LOOKS fKin excellent. Much nicer than my 1k....

Still, cant read German so I'll wait for the spex in English.

By guesswhosback Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:34 pm
b-stards

i want one!

By shukone Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:37 pm
In most cases, the German page is more up-to-date than the .com...

By Capshun Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:58 pm
i have a english translator on my computer, heres hwat it says

Black Beauty
With the devices of the MPC series musicians and producers connect world-wide Sampling workstations with rockfirm timing, which are to be served simply and unbelievable function variety accommodate. The MPC2500 develops on these traditional virtues and introduces many new features.

Effizienters Sampling stands with the 32-stimmigen MPC2500 in the foreground. Thus the Sampling procedure can be started directly over the main menue. The Chop Shop function makes a dividing of loops and the automatic assigning possible of the loop parts on the 16 notice-dynamic Pads.

Two internal effect processors, which can be used at the same time, make a rich selection of studiotauglichen effects, like Reverb, bit Grunger, Chorus, Phaser, Flying pan, 4-Band EQ, Compressor and for phase possible a Shifter. An additional effect, which is assigned to the Main Outs, gives the final mixes the final touch.

For real time price increase two note variation Fader and two q-left automatic controllers stand for order. These can be geroutet separately to different parameters, like level, pan, filter cut off and resonance, Tuning, LFO speed, effect parameters etc. for flexible real time price increase. Everyone q-left automatic controllers can produce MIDI CONTROLLER data, so that all automatic controller movements can be taken up in a Sequence and played during the rendition. The q-left Sequencer permits the extensive editing of the modulations.

In the tradition of the desired MPC60 and MPC3000 workstations the MPC2500 possesses 2 MIDI of entrances and 4 MIDI of exits, so that heading for 64 external MIDI of channels is made possible. Additionally the MPC2500 can steer the integrated Sampler on up to 64 parts. Each TRACK can use einzelnens a Program and the use of program changes becomes redundant.

The large LCD announcement focuses the view of the substantial Sequence data. For the comfortable treatment of Sequencen there is a matrix editor. MIDI data can be indicated and edited graphically

The MPC2500 is delivered with 16MB inserted memory, which is expandable with the optional EXM128 board on up to 128 MT RAM. Besides the MPC2500 can be equipped with an internal 80GB non removable disk and one CD-rw drive assembly.

CHARACTERISTICS

Classical MPC Design: Pads, Sequencer and control surface with new functions
32-stimmiger Drum/Phrase Sampler with 16MB inserted memory. Expandable on up to 128MB RAM.
effect processors and a Main Out effect processor integrated 2
2 allocatable q-left Fader and automatic controllers for real time price increase
Optional CD Rome and hp drive assemblies
USB haven for computer binding – File transfer and Backup on the computer and import by wav files
Chop Shop –Loop Slicing into individual Samples with automatic PAD assignment
Patched cliche –Phrase Samples to each speed without pitch change adapt
SAM-polarize Recording in the MAIN PAGE – Easy Sampeln during the Sequencing
Continuous SAM-polarizes TRACKS – Admission of long audio TRACKS into a Sequence
Audio input Thru with q-left control for real time price increase
Grid Editing function for simple Drum TRACK Sequencing
4 q-left CONTROLLERS (2 Fader and 2 automatic controllers)
PAD SAM-polarizes Edit (pitch SHIFT and time Stretch)
Mixer automation
Professional on board sound
240 X 64 background-lit, tiltable LCD
10 inserted similarly exits plus stereo digitally I/O
New 4-Pole filter for all SAM-polarizes Voices
Technical data

Sampling: 44,1 kHz/16-bit
Memory: 16MB standard, expandable on 128MB
Preset sound memory: 5MB Flash
Polyphonie: 32 voices
Optional 2.5” Non removable disk and CD Rome drive assembly installable
2 MIDI of entrances and 4 MIDI of exits
Sequence capacity: 100.000 notes
Sequencer dissolution: 96 ppq
99 Sequences/64 TRACKS
64 MIDI of output channels (16 channels x of 4 output terminals)
Song mode: 20 Songs, 250 steps per Song
MIDI Clock Sync: Master/Slave
MEMORY Card Slot: Compact Flash (up to 2GB)
Provided accessories: 32MB Compact Flash Card
Mains cable

By bhunt Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:24 pm
for all the idots out there who haven't figured it out yet. THis machine is not in competiton with the 1k. This looks more like the replacement of the 2kxl, and a step below the 4k. The 4k still looks to be more powerfull, but as you can see aka used a lot of the 1k technology in the 1k. The addition of time streching and a panio roll is instresting, but until I see a price I wont' be changing anything I have now.

By ONE Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:25 pm
From those specs it looks like it doesn't have delay. Just looks CLOSER to the 1k that everyone wants, but still no cigar. No effects updrades in this is hella lame and no delay in a machine expected to be $2000??

Hmm. I'mma still wait on this and see what's up.