Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By bhunt Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 pm
Tha S-ence wrote:**** it im still gettin it. and usin it as home base, the 1000 for portable

fially someone with some sence, eveyone talking that dumping there 1k shit. i'm intrested, if I have a few extra duckets I might check it out.
By sparq Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:24 pm
sampie wrote:http://www.akai-pro.de/produkte/mpc2500.html

it's not an XL... just 2500........ you may want to change the title to this thread

By soyo Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:31 pm
ONE wrote:Supposedly it had a drum grid and piano roll. But honestly, I can't see any of those features being all that great on that screen. I've seen what the akai grids look like on the 4k, and what the functionality is on those, and it's truly not all that. I never even used it.

If they did implement these in a good way....I'll be impressed, but like I said...I'm waiting for this machine to be out for a while and to be proven to be worth upgrading too.

True man.. ive seen the drum grid and the p-roll on the 4k and it wont come near that usable on the 25k
By angel Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:03 pm
sorry no speak english, can anybody help me with this text to translator from spanish to english:

akai nos esta tomado el pelo con el mpc2500
resulta que nuevo mpc tiene el sistema operativo (OS) que
realmente deberia llevar el pmc1000,
que pretenden? volvernos a sacar pasta por un nuevo mpc
que realmente tiene el mismo procesador que el 1k
nos toma por tontos akai?

hay algun hacker dispuesto a pasar el os del mpc2500 al 1000?

By abunchofsounds Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:24 pm
soyo wrote:
ONE wrote:Supposedly it had a drum grid and piano roll. But honestly, I can't see any of those features being all that great on that screen. I've seen what the akai grids look like on the 4k, and what the functionality is on those, and it's truly not all that. I never even used it.

If they did implement these in a good way....I'll be impressed, but like I said...I'm waiting for this machine to be out for a while and to be proven to be worth upgrading too.

True man.. ive seen the drum grid and the p-roll on the 4k and it wont come near that usable on the 25k

i was thinking i'll just get a computer but if it has a spet edit grid then that would be excellent for me. is the piano roll the thing where to the left of a grid is a piano? like step edit in cubase or something?

By cdubchi Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:51 pm
I definately like this design. Thing looks like an army tank for sure.

I like that built in CD-Rom drive.

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:41 am
cdubchi wrote:I definately like this design. Thing looks like an army tank for sure.

I like that built in CD-Rom drive.

No doubt... but it's actually a CD-RW, which is optional, just like the hard drive. I don't know what the compatability issues will be with using aftermarket hardware, but I'm sure that Akai's optional drives will be overpriced like the EXM128 is.

By pad-ophiliac Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:15 am
Tha S-ence wrote:**** it im still gettin it. and usin it as home base, the 1000 for portable

this is my plan as well. i think the 1k and 2.5k will make a killer combo.

By sparq Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:29 am
pad-ophiliac wrote:

yep..... being that the 2.5k and the 1k are totally compatible with each other in every aspect.

By pad-ophiliac Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:52 am
sparq wrote:
pad-ophiliac wrote:

yep..... being that the 2.5k and the 1k are totally compatible with each other in every aspect.

exactly.

By waxmastawes Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:22 am
looks awesome, il probably sell my 1k if that has the usb features and everythin the 1k had
By TheFirstJimBo Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:48 am
angel wrote:sorry no speak english, can anybody help me with this text to translator from spanish to english:

akai nos esta tomado el pelo con el mpc2500
resulta que nuevo mpc tiene el sistema operativo (OS) que
realmente deberia llevar el pmc1000,
que pretenden? volvernos a sacar pasta por un nuevo mpc
que realmente tiene el mismo procesador que el 1k
nos toma por tontos akai?

hay algun hacker dispuesto a pasar el os del mpc2500 al 1000?

Akai is pulling our hair with the MPC2500
it turns out that new mpc has the operating system thats supposed to come with the MPC1000. What are they thinking? We will dish out money for a new mpc that has the same processor as the mpc1000. Arent you taking advantage of us akai?

Is there a hacker(programmer) out there that can put the MPC2500 OS to the MPC1000?

I speak spanish and I translated it to my best ability.

By TheFirstJimBo Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:50 am
pad-ophiliac wrote:
sparq wrote:
pad-ophiliac wrote:

exactly.

same here. When I get the extra money. I work at home and at the artist studio that I work with in the BX. He has a triton extreme for my use.

By djobserv Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:11 am
HAHAHA MPC 25K . that sounds wack as fuuuuuuk!!!!!!!!!

By pad-ophiliac Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:17 am
djobserv wrote:HAHAHA MPC 25K . that sounds wack as fuuuuuuk!!!!!!!!!

no sh!t. that would be an mpc 25000. they don't make those yet. 2.5k is more appropriate.