Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By jahrome Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:06 pm
The MPC 2500 is coming no matter how much you don't want it to.

Who wouldn't want a new improved MPC? But I am controlling my excitement until it is on the Akai USA/Japan website....than it will be in stores 2-3 months later perhaps.

By jahrome Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:59 pm
All my reservations are gone. My girl just got word from Akai Japan that the new MPC is coming out..however, their Official word is that they cannot comment until 20 September!

Any pre-orders :lol:
Last edited by jahrome on Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Kid Captain Coolout Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:26 am
Easy TFunk, we all believe it's real... i think DaSoof's just now checkin in and hasn't read all the posts yet. I've just heard from my homies out West who've also validated that the machine is very real so, your resources were better than mine at first. And Romey Rome, you's a hustla, you a you's a hustla, homie... :lol:

By Roopesh Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:50 am
the mpc 2500 has only 96 ppqn. it seems like a definate 2kxl upgrade with a boost of features.

ime gonna stick with my 2000xl and 4000. i don't want to be akai's beta tester.

the only thing i like about the new 2500 is the layout, which is like the 3k and 4k with the transport buttons on the right.

By jahrome Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:18 am
Why not an MPC 3500 instead of the 2500 :idea:

I have always wanted 'some' of the features of the new MPCs added onto my MPC 3000....I would sale...well, maybe not sale..but I would retire my MPC 3000. I would give up my XL in a minute...don't be surprised to see my maxed out XL-SE3 up on eBay. I don't mind being a beta tester..I have nothing much better to do after the kids are in bed :D

By DaSoof Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:45 am
TFunk13 wrote:How can I insert a pic off my hard drive? I have a very high resolution pic of the MPC 2500 that you can zoom in on. There is no way it is fake, I can't believe how many people actually think this is a hoax. The MPC 2500 is coming no matter how much you don't want it to.

ohh ok
i'll take your word for it.

By quest5 Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:04 pm
Anyway..
Akai.. Please give us Chopshop on our 4000's in an update. I understand that a lot of people dig using recycle on a computer, and that you can also set up slice points in the 4000 etc... but, personally, I dont want to go near my computer until mixing and 'chopshop' would really increase my workflow on the 4000.
We still 'apparently' have the flagship MPC, so please be nice and give us your new 'chopshop' feature.
thankyou.

ps. could somebody PM me an email address where you can actually get a response from akai regarding OS matters? cheers.

By rahsaym1 Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:16 am
jahrome wrote:Why not an MPC 3500 instead of the 2500 :idea:

I have always wanted 'some' of the features of the new MPCs added onto my MPC 3000....I would sale...well, maybe not sale..but I would retire my MPC 3000. I would give up my XL in a minute...don't be surprised to see my maxed out XL-SE3 up on eBay. I don't mind being a beta tester..I have nothing much better to do after the kids are in bed :D

i dout that they can use any Roger Lynn series to upgrade without his permission. and i dout that he would put his name on another MPC for that matter.

Roger Lynn had in mind to build tanks that would with-stand time and still compete with modern samplers of today. and thats what he did. Unfortunately, thats not how the business of today goes.

They want you to constantly buy new products and seduce your with more and more features that make you lazyier and lazyier. Ask yourself if you will be a better producer if you use a 4000 over a 3000? I dout it.

Its all about the USER, how you use your equipment and your formula. No matter how hi-tech your mpc will get, YOU still have to turn it on and hit those pads.

Then again, I left my 4000 on one night, and woke up to find out there were 4 new HOT beats. :wink: lol....Its a beast.

By jahrome Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:51 am
Originally posted by rahsaym1
i dout that they can use any Roger Lynn series to upgrade without his permission. and i dout that he would put his name on another MPC for that matter.

Roger Lynn had in mind to build tanks that would with-stand time and still compete with modern samplers of today. and thats what he did. Unfortunately, thats not how the business of today goes.

They want you to constantly buy new products and seduce your with more and more features that make you lazyier and lazyier. Ask yourself if you will be a better producer if you use a 4000 over a 3000? I dout it.

Its all about the USER, how you use your equipment and your formula. No matter how hi-tech your mpc will get, YOU still have to turn it on and hit those pads.

Then again, I left my 4000 on one night, and woke up to find out there were 4 new HOT beats. lol....Its a beast.
quest5 Anyway..
Akai.. Please give us Chopshop on our 4000's in an update. I understand that a lot of people dig using recycle on a computer, and that you can also set up slice points in the 4000 etc... but, personally, I dont want to go near my computer until mixing and 'chopshop' would really increase my workflow on the 4000.
We still 'apparently' have the flagship MPC, so please be nice and give us your new 'chopshop' feature.
thankyou.

ps. could somebody PM me an email address where you can actually get a response from akai regarding OS matters? cheers.
DaSoof quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TFunk13:
How can I insert a pic off my hard drive? I have a very high resolution pic of the MPC 2500 that you can zoom in on. There is no way it is fake, I can't believe how many people actually think this is a hoax. The MPC 2500 is coming no matter how much you don't want it to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ohh ok
i'll take your word for it.

I really would like to respond, but there are moderator(s) on this site with gay-like tendancies that have a hard-on for me.

But I do want to say there is nothing wrong with technology advancing and using those tools. No one wants to go back splicing analog tape with a razor to edit recorded material. Or in fact..go back to a time before samplers. The arguments you are making today, were most likely the same arguments made 25 years ago. Until very recently, Pro Tools were allowed no where near a Michael Jackson track. Dude is straight ol skool. But programs on par with Pro Tools helped thrust the home studio boom.
Last edited by jahrome on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By rahsaym1 Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:06 am
But programs on par with Pro Tools helped thrust the home studio boom.

I agree, nobody wants to go back to 2' that is so arcaic.lol. but people knu how to do it and do it perfectly.

and yes. nowadays. more people and broke people have a chance to make music and its not as economically oriented to own a studio

But my point is: most people cant decide whats enough for their needs to to make music.

You used the perfect example, the quality of the music is not based n what you have , its how you use it. Just because you got ProTools HD, doesnt mean youll make platinum like MJ. Stick to your formula.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

By jahrome Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:58 pm
http://www.akaipro.jp/

The best source for legit info..I would say!

By Lampdog Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:35 pm
I'm locking down ALL 2500 posts cause cats can't seem to keep it contained in one thread, the one with the most posts is WDJ's thread so that one stays.