Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Kid Captain Coolout Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:54 pm
Anyone got any concrete proof other than these 2 floating images from unknown origins? I'm kind of finding it hard to believe that Akai would add all these new functions to a different machine, of a lesser cost, without improving those offered on the higher end model... myself. :?

By Kalei Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:07 pm
haha then you cant have much experience with akaiUNpro!

Kalei
By Kid Captain Coolout Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:32 pm
...I'm trying to be politically correct over here, c'mon. But anybody got any proof though? For real...

By jahrome Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:44 pm
No body has any real proof....me thinks :D

Bu Akai if you are listening....throw in the VGA option. You were one of the orginators..if not the orginator. The MPC 3000 had the external monitor option. Please bring that back...full screen graphic waveform editing w the MPCs hardware control will be worth my dollars. From a history stand point...it is time to retire the Xl anyway..it's been over 5 years since its release.
By Kid Captain Coolout Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:16 pm
We've seen the 2 images... they're nothing that couldn't be done in Carrara 4 or any entry level 3D modeling plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. Anyone spoke to an Akai rep personally about this? I'd call right now if the US offices were open - other than that, i aint buying it one bit.

By SpikeyMan Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:41 pm
The links I added are from Akai Germany's page. You think they would post a hoax? :lol:
Last edited by SpikeyMan on Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By TFunk13 Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:47 pm
The MPC 2500 is for real. Do some research. But anyway... what's the overall feeling on the MPC 4k vs. the MPC 2.5k so far?

By jahrome Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:52 pm
Ok..now I am excited again.

The info is still up on the Official German site.

I went to the Official Akai USA site to get redirected to the Official German Akai site. When I click on the Newsarchiv link on the left, it shows the pic of the new MPC..even though, when you click the link, it takes you back to the MPC 4000...

So since it is still up...I am excited for the potential new toy in my life (potential profit)...I will just keep my ears to the street.

As far as overall feeling...if the new MPC still has the feel and ease of use as the XL...that is the unit I am sticking wit..I may even give up my MPC 3000.
By Kid Captain Coolout Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:06 pm
TFunk13 wrote:The MPC 2500 is for real. Do some research.

I'm doing all the research i can... perhaps "search" on my web browser is the reason i can't find anything other than the above links that keep switching location, Gear Junkies, and an Akai Switzerland download. Please provide with me with the proof that makes you such a believer. And Spikey, i doubt your folks would post a hoax... the Germans have proven to be quite a resource for MPC's in the past. :lol:

My overall feeling so far? There is no versus... the 4000 kicks butt. The 2500... what's the big secret?

By AWW_NAWW Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:28 pm
Sample quote from the MPC Forums: "The specs are getting my nipples hard". Damn, I want an MPC...

By adrian Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:50 am
Quote from another web forum

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gentlemen!
Allow me to secure facts for you. Yes...it's real. This machine will MAP for $1999.

Picture if you will, the 2000XL...being able to add a hard drive...ram up to 128MB (instead of 32MB)...being able to add cdrom...but it comes WITH the IB-M208P. That alone will merit the 2000xl$1699 MAP from the 2500 $1999 MAP. Keep in mind...this is a 16bit sampler. 4000plus...a 24bit sampler. This unit is a 2000XL with all the trimmings. (for more money, of course)

This of course will in no way harm the 4000. The folks who still want the best...will buy the best.

Ditch the 1000? NO WAY!! I'm keeping mine! It's a great tool, with tons of great options. The point of the entry/mid/pro level piece is perfect. This item is more towards the mid range if anything. It's not close to the 1000 or 4000. (maybe a little close to the 2000XL)

Check our website within the next week for the official "Unveiling".

Let me know if you need any more specs on the piece in the meantime.
Isn't this exciting????

-Heath Tougas
-Akai Professional
[email protected]
www.AkaiPro.com