Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By adrian Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:53 am
jahrome wrote:No body has any real proof....me thinks :D

Bu Akai if you are listening....throw in the VGA option. You were one of the orginators..if not the orginator. The MPC 3000 had the external monitor option. Please bring that back...full screen graphic waveform editing w the MPCs hardware control will be worth my dollars. From a history stand point...it is time to retire the Xl anyway..it's been over 5 years since its release.

VGA option, for what? Are you using your eyes to make music? Use your ears, they work better at removing or adding sound!

By adrian Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:58 am
quest5 wrote:Yep, Feline's right.
mpc2500?
Please everybody bump this to the top. Original advertised features first, then personally, Id love 'chopshop' and that grid sequencing and whatever else in my MPC4000.
Come on akai.. support us.

Could you tell me what "chopshop" does. So far it is only listed as a feature but it is not stated what chopshop actually does. Since you would love to have this feature I am guessing you know how it works?
By Kid Captain Coolout Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:01 am
Adrian that sounds like proof enough for me. And TFunk13, that email post from Sparq on the 1000 forum had opened my ears a little, thanks for taking the time out. MPC users, rock on...

By adrian Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:02 am
My last post on this subject. I told you all the MPC 2500 was in the works a long time ago.

By jahrome Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:35 am
Originally posted by adrian

VGA option, for what? Are you using your eyes to make music? Use your ears, they work better at removing or adding sound!

????

Creating music with eyes and ears as a matter of fact. Why have graphic waveform editing if you can't see it? Not saying that the MPCs LCDs are too small...but if I had the option to add a large external LCD/VGA monitor..I would jump all over it..just like the MPC 3000.

Yes I can use my ears...but the fact that I can make a perfect loop visually..and without listening to a sample is how I sold many MPC 2000/2000XLs.

By dudum Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:08 pm
i second the use of a monitor output

the 4K's screen is fine and all but i do all of my real editing on my cpu.

getting older and squinting at a screen to make a loop point just isn't suiting me anymore :shock:

who's kidding who? a bigger color screen? no one's gonna get UPSET about that lol

By fader-pro Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:10 pm
adrian wrote:

When it comes to sample editing eyes and ears are both helpful and the older I get the more I appreciate monitor support...

By threshed Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:24 pm
I dont see how there is anything in chop shop that the you cant do between reigon/zone slicing, pitching your program, and time stretching etc. I think its just another fancy name with no difference just like MPC 4000 plus. The onlything that could be any different is making all of these perameters accessible from the same screen. But not any different in outcome.

By jahrome Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:21 pm
Everyone is just speculating about that propsed features since there is really no official statement yet.....

But from the articles they were circulating, the copshop feature is different than the zone slicing feature of the previous MPCs. This one is suppose to actually analyze the sample (like Motif ES, Fantom X, MV-8000) and make slices based on the amplitude/peaks of sounds within the sample. The MPC 4000 doesn't do this.

By threshed Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:26 pm
jahrome wrote:Everyone is just speculating about that propsed features since there is really no official statement yet.....

But from the articles they were circulating, the copshop feature is different than the zone slicing feature of the previous MPCs. This one is suppose to actually analyze the sample (like Motif ES, Fantom X, MV-8000) and make slices based on the amplitude/peaks of sounds within the sample. The MPC 4000 doesn't do this.

Ah.. the auto detectors always have to be re-adjusted because they clip the front of notes which puts pops on the ends of all your samples. Time saving though.

By quest5 Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:40 am
adrian wrote:
quest5 wrote:Yep, Feline's right.
mpc2500?
Please everybody bump this to the top. Original advertised features first, then personally, Id love 'chopshop' and that grid sequencing and whatever else in my MPC4000.
Come on akai.. support us.

Could you tell me what "chopshop" does. So far it is only listed as a feature but it is not stated what chopshop actually does. Since you would love to have this feature I am guessing you know how it works?

I think somebody has mentioned, but 'chopshop' would work like recycle (detects the beginning of sounds to be chopped using amplitute vs silence), but somebody has allready mentioned a pitfall... as also is the case with recycle. Sometime these 'auto' detecting programs dont work accurately enough so you have to manually zoom in and re-adjust the 'chop' points. A lot of people sing the praises of recyle (software), but, if you actually zoom into the waveform its preparing to 'auto-slice', one can often see that its chopping slightly into the transient of you sound (very bad).

I just though having 'chopshop' in my 4000 would save a lot of time (quicker than zoning and slicing), but 'chopshop' would have to be extreemely good at detecting transients to make it worth it.

Basically, Id like the option Akai, to have it in my 4k as an option to turn too(if its real good). and... That grid sequencing thing (if its like 16 steps old-school sequencing style). We do have the 'flag-ship MPC' still so... come on.. get the OS sorted, and the original advertised features (keep at 'em Feline1), and some new things to play with. What about the 'remix-feature' that was banged on a while ago aswell.

peace

By drumtrack Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:50 pm
just chop on the mpc, its easier
set a bunch of regions and arrange those with the jogger. just see that u dont cut off the beginning of the sound. if the start point is a bit too early just set the start point in program menu. now all slices are a bit different, gives u groove bebe

By jahrome Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:32 pm
If anyone is having problems with Recycle..its users error. The slice points are easily editable if needed.

By DaSoof Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:38 pm
dat pic looks fake 2 me

By TFunk13 Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:02 pm
How can I insert a pic off my hard drive? I have a very high resolution pic of the MPC 2500 that you can zoom in on. There is no way it is fake, I can't believe how many people actually think this is a hoax. The MPC 2500 is coming no matter how much you don't want it to.