Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By Dj-FSC Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:32 pm
i'm suprised that they haven't had a contest for it or somethin for some big time promotion..

By issues Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:47 pm
i dont really care if its real or not.....

im not buying it...i love my 2kxl too much. we are NEVER parting...

By Science Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:16 pm
so where did the pics come from then?

By Smoove03 Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:34 pm
paint shop pro i guess! :?

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:14 pm
I saw that they were advertising the 2500 on Nova Musik's website http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Manufacturer&keyword=70, even though there's a pic of the 1k in it's place. Nova Musik tend to screw up when they post pics in theri ads (especially when they don't have the proper pic in the first place.

So I sent them an email in the link provided...

Hi. Could you tell me when the MPC2500 will be available? Also, I noticed that the foreign Akai sites no longer have any info, and the US site has no info at all. I also noticed that your price is $1999. Does that include the hard drive and the CD-RW drives, because from what I've learned, the actual MSRP for the unit alone is only $1999 and not $2499 as advertised on your website. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rich

Their reply was...

Hey Rich,

Yesterday they told us Oct. As for the prices this is what we were told
also yesterday by Alesis.
They said more info coming next week.

Any questions let us know,
Tony
N*M

By jaem Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:15 pm
"believe none of what you hear and half what you see"

-dead prez

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:25 pm
I'm not gonna buy the 2500 anyway, considering it's gonna be even more of a headache dealing with another defective batch of units, as well as dealing with an a$$hole like Rob Ray (Customer Service Supervisor @ Cumberland, RI) who lies through his fu@king teeth. And forget about the Better Business Beaurau if you need their help. I'll never buy another Akai product for as long as I live. If they built their newer models as good as the older models, it would be a different story altogether.

By cooocooo1 Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:23 pm
tanamo00420 wrote:**** rob ray

i'm hoping the price on the 1000 will go down, due to this.

hopin the 4k price will dip as well

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:44 pm
I hope someone puts a bullet in the muthafucca's skull! :twisted:

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:42 pm
Here's the problem with Rob Ray...

In July, I experienced problems where my MPC would freeze up every time I used the internal flash reader. So I called Akai, told Kaitlyn (from customer service) the problem and she had me ship my unit to them in Cumberland, RI.

She told me to package everything that came with the unit, incase it was not repairable. I asked her what would happen if the unit was unrepairable and she told me that they would send me a new replacement immediately.

The following day, some other dumb whore from Akai called me to let me know that the unit is unrepairable and that they can send me a "B-Stock" replacement. I called back and tore everyone there a new a$$hole about this $hit, since Kaitlyn mentioned a new replacement.. not some bull$hit "B-Stock".

Every time I called, I was transferred over to Rob Ray, who was constantly unavailable to pick up the damn phone. So I left a voicemail message with Rob Ray, telling him that I can not accept a B-Stock replacement, when my unit was sent in cosmetically flawless condition.

About a day or so later, Rob Ray leaves the following message on my voice mail... http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3A5DPXBYU5W7M13BTSNYEV5X5N

After hearing this bull$hit, I was fuming!!! So I called him back to tell him that I expect a brand new unit in it's original package. He gave me some bull$hit excuse that it's in the company's policy that they can't replace my MPC with a new unit and that it even states it in the warranty (which is bull$hit. Check your waranty card and the website... you'll see that there's no mention of a B-Stock replacement at all). Since time was an issue and he bull$hitted me that the B-Stock will look just as good as my unit that I sent to him, I told him to go ahead and send it. I couldn't sit around and wait while I got projects goin' on in the lab.

The following day, I received the B-Stock unit, and here's what it looks like... Image
Take a look around the MAIN VOLUME knob. It looks like someone with long dirty fingernails was using this thing. WTF!!!!
Also, the screen is lightly scratched (and according to what Rob Ray told the BBB, the screen is a new replacement. BULL$HIT!!!). It may be hard to see the scratches on the display, since photobucket shrinks images. Another thing is that the side pieces are installed unevenly (it's hard to tell from this pic, though I can easily adjust it, though I shouldn't have to, let alone accept if for the other cosmetic flaws), and also the Data wheel seems a bit too loose. This $hit aint cool at all, considering I spent all this money on an MPC that I treated like gold.

Here's what my MPC looked like right before I sent it in...
I don't play around when I take care of my gear... so to receive a replacement that looks like it was a floor model sent back from Guitar Center is complete bull$hit to me!

The Better Business Beaurau didn't do $hit for me either, even after sending them every single piece of evidence possible. They didn't even notice the blemishes until I repeatedly pointed it out to them. It's clear to me that the BBB is just "better" for business and not the consumer. flowers 'em, and flowers Rob Ray and all them crooked kuntrags at Akai "Professional"!!! Professional, my a$$!!!

By cooocooo1 Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:54 pm
just curious, does it work?

By jaem Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:59 pm
I got some paper that needs to be held down here at the office......

can i borrow your mixer DT??????????

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:05 pm
cooocooo1 wrote:just curious, does it work?

Yeah it does... but for how long until something else goes wrong is yet to be seen. And the thing is that when you get a replacement from Akai, that replacement does'nt come with a new warranty. That's bul$hit, considering that it's an entirely different unit and it's used. Still, whether or not this B-stock replacement becomes more of a problem... the fact of the matter is that I was lied to several times and I should't have to settle for such poor customer service after working my a$$ off to buy this god damn thing!

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:07 pm
jaem wrote:I got some paper that needs to be held down here at the office......

can i borrow your mixer DT??????????

Hey I read that you had to use a Behringer too the other day. :lol: