Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By hperkins1 Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:02 pm
Which drive option would be the better install, the HD or a CDRW! I just thought that I would ask, because I'm pretty sure that when it is released, that it want have a drive installed!

Which drive would be more beneficial, if you had to choose one.

Peace! :o

By flip-o-mat Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:41 pm
if you got a CDR drive in your pc, go with the HD!
By tydawl Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:54 pm
I would get the internal hard drive. You can always find a usb external cddrive for the low low on ebay. The internal cd drive for the MPC should be cheap on ebay as well but knowing AKAI they may try to hit us up for akai only type drives that are hard to locate and cost a gang of money.

:?
By sparq Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:52 pm
tydawl wrote:but knowing AKAI they may try to hit us up for akai only type drives that are hard to locate and cost a gang of money.

:?

IMO, i doubt it. if third party memory can fit and third party HDDs why would they limit the CD drive to be proprietary only?

By jahrome Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:11 pm
The CDR drive will be an Akai one. It is much smaller than a standard CD Rom drive. Maybe a CDR drive from a laptop may fit in it.

I would go for the CDR drive before the hard drive. With the USb port, I can store samples on my computer or use the multi-card drive (up to 2 gig support). I would want to sample from CDs is why I would opt for that drive instead.
By M.ic P.ro C.rusher Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:13 pm
tydawl wrote:I would get the internal hard drive. You can always find a usb external cddrive for the low low on ebay.

The 2500 cannot host USB devices, only be slaved to a PC. So you gotta choose, CD-RW or HD. There is NO way for the 2500 to host ANY external device. No SCSI, no host USB port, no nothing!

I personally would opt for the CD-RW, 'cause HDs crash, but Disks don't (but I suppose you could scratch it)