Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

Do you intend to buy the new MPC 2500?

37%
33%
30%

By djdynasty Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:43 pm
Baloney my Friend. I have both units and the 3000 blows the 2000/2000xl. If you dont sample a lot, I guess your opinion dont mean much with this argument. The reason why the 3000 still maintains its value is because it is a better warmer, harder hitting machine. Hands down. Everything I sample in the 2000/2000xl is flat and tinny sounding. Try sampling a 808 kick in a 2000/2000xl and then the 3000 and tell me they sound the same. There is a big difference. :wink:

MPC 60/3000 for life. Because at the end of the day the sound that you get is really what matters the most. 8)

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:51 pm
Baloney my Friend. I have both units and the 3000 blows the 2000/2000xl. If you dont sample a lot, I guess your opinion dont mean much with this argument. The reason why the 3000 still maintains its value is because it is a better warmer, harder hitting machine. Hands down. Everything I sample in the 2000/2000xl is flat and tinny sounding. Try sampling a 808 kick in a 2000/2000xl and then the 3000 and tell me they sound the same. There is a big difference.

MPC 60/3000 for life. Because at the end of the day the sound that you get is really what matters the most.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I don't sample with my MPC 3000 anymore..didn't mean to imply that I never sample. And my MPC 2000XL has no problem putting out full sounding drums. This has been argued to death with no clear winner. So to each his own. I will miss my MPC 3000 very much (I actually just mailed it today to a happy new home)...but I don't anticipate grieving to long when the MPC 2500 gets here Monday...

And I have done an A-B test. The sound of those two MPCs were distinct from one another to my ears...but when I gave the same test to my girl..she said they sound identical.

By Boogie Man Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:25 pm
djdynasty wrote:. Try sampling a 808 kick in a 2000/2000xl and then the 3000 and tell me they sound the same. There is a big difference.

Ever heard of a "workaround"?

By Roopesh Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:32 pm
whats wrong with the sound.

the XL has a nice midrange, its not warm, but it cuts through in a mix. most engineers cut all the bulllshit bottom end on drums that tends to muddy up a mix.

i like the tinny sound that the xl gives out...bottom line.

thats why Pultecs, Manley Passives, GML's and shit get used by mix engineers to beef up tracks. I dont think they entirely really on the sound of cheap converters.

By BRAVO Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:07 am
LOL - I need to hear sum of the music these guys are making....WARM...TINNY....Blah blah! LOL Oh dear me....

By Kalei Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:57 am
I could see myself trading my 4000 for a fully loaded 2500 if the patch phrase thing is good and doesnt show up on the 4000. Plus I need a lighter model cause im prolly gonna be moving around alot for a while..

Kalei

By djdynasty Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:44 am
Most people who made the 2000xl their first MPC will never notice the difference. Why do you think a 3000 is almost worth double. Its just not because Roger Linn Name is on it.

Yo Jahrome, No disrespect, I appreciate your input but you have got to be the first I ever heard with that they sound the same shit. I truly expected different from someone who sells MPCs. All I can say is try that test, then comment. I have a SP1200, MPC 60, MPC 3000, MPC 2000xl all lined up side by side in my studio, and the 2000xl is the weaker of all of the others sound quality wise.

Yo Bravo, I`ll Bet the 2000xl is your first and only mpc right..... :lol:

By jahrome Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:59 am
Most people who made the 2000xl their first MPC will never notice the difference. Why do you think a 3000 is almost worth double. Its just not because Roger Linn Name is on it.

Yo Jahrome, No disrespect, I appreciate your input but you have got to be the first I ever heard with that they sound the same ****. I truly expected different from someone who sells MPCs. All I can say is try that test, then comment. I have a SP1200, MPC 60, MPC 3000, MPC 2000xl all lined up side by side in my studio, and the 2000xl is the weaker of all of the others sound quality wise.

Yo Bravo, I`ll Bet the 2000xl is your first and only mpc right.....

No disrespect taken. I made my comments based on extensively using both (well at least up until 2 days ago). I saiid that I can hear a slight difference but the average cat can't. I am no engineer. Engineers have trained ears. I can mix something that I feel sounds great. A good engineer would probably come in and laugh at what I am doing. They have trained ears. What I am saying..if you perform an A-B test..most of the people you test will not be able to tell the difference..maybe if you were in a room full of engineers....

And the MPC 3000 does not cost double. Catz have been willing to pay that much..but a good price for one is $1600 but I wouldn't pay anymore than $1300, myself. I am not just a seller but an actual MPC 3000 user. Those machines sound different..I wouldn't call any of them weaker. The MPC 2000XL alone is in more professional studios than any other MPC (at least that is what more producers, R&B and hip-hop, are using). And these producers can get just about any piece of gear they want.

By BRAVO Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:37 pm
djdynasty wrote:

Yep I got 2! Well that I can call my own...Used them all tho (apart from 60 range). Your point is? LOL You saying u got that warm music for me to listen to? Or you got that tinny ish

Holla Me

1-800-WarmORTinny

By Analog Warriors Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:54 pm
right ... it's not like comparing an analog to a digital synth ... there may be differences between the sound of the MPCs, but i would'nt go that far, calling one of them soundig warmer or thinner than others :roll:

By Boogie Man Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:27 pm
Analog Warriors wrote:right ... it's not like comparing an analog to a digital synth ... there may be differences between the sound of the MPCs, but i would'nt go that far, calling one of them soundig warmer or thinner than others :roll:

some peeps just want to sound cool is all....It's all really a petty matter anyways...It's not like people buy albums because of thier "warmth"......

By jahrome Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:54 pm
Originally posted by Jahrome
I am hoping that this section of the forum grows when people decide to jump to the new 2500. Go ahead and sell your MPC 2000Xl while you can still get good money for it and put it towards the 2500

The New MPC is here so what are yall waiting for :D

By Mantis Beats Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:09 pm
jahrome wrote:
I am hoping that this section of the forum grows when people decide to jump to the new 2500. Go ahead and sell your MPC 2000Xl while you can still get good money for it and put it towards the 2500

OK JAHROME WE GET THE MESSAGE !

...and since when was you the MPC 2500 Authority (refering to your signature) ?

"Just cos you have a car! Don't mean you can drive !"

By BRAVO Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:49 pm
Mantis Beats wrote:
jahrome wrote:

OK JAHROME WE GET THE MESSAGE !

...and since when was you the MPC 2500 Authority (refering to your signature) ?

"Just cos you have a car! Don't mean you can drive !"

Its just passion...Im sure J's a good man - Just a bit gay when it comes to gettin new toys...LOL. Hope it dont let u down man.

I see a news flash coming -

By chupacabra Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:22 pm
BRAVO wrote:
djdynasty wrote:

Yep I got 2! Well that I can call my own...Used them all tho (apart from 60 range). Your point is? LOL You saying u got that warm music for me to listen to? Or you got that tinny ish

Holla Me

1-800-WarmORTinny

that was hilarious....fuk an lol