Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500

By sparq Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:11 am
not a problem

By jahrome Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:09 pm
I have been informed that the Akai CDRW drive for the MPC 2500 will not be available to ship worldwide until October.

By sparq Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:42 pm
i was told basically the same thing. being that october is a week away, that's not too bad. i heard that it shoud be ready in 1 to 2 weeks for the US.

i also was told that the cd-drive is not going to be akai, though they may have their own, it will be available via third party (your favorite computer store) not sure about the adapter or the approved (tested) make/model of third party drive. i am expecting a call by the end of this week with more info.

i'll keep you posted.

By jahrome Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:30 pm
i was told basically the same thing. being that october is a week away, that's not too bad. i heard that it shoud be ready in 1 to 2 weeks for the US.

It will probably be a little longer than that though. It is called the CDM-25. It will not hit Japan until October. Shipments hit there first and then hit other countries. It depends on how many are shipped and the shipping method. For dealers that get them in the US..they will not have many initially. Lets not forget the distribution handling in the USA :lol:

By Mantis Beats Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:44 pm
sparq wrote:i also was told that the cd-drive is not going to be akai, though they may have their own, it will be available via third party (your favorite computer store) not sure about the adapter or the approved (tested) make/model of third party drive.

...ha ha ...like I said 8) ...if we're lucky we might even see a DVDRW mod.
Last edited by Mantis Beats on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By r.5 Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:45 pm
jahrome wrote:I have been informed that the Akai CDRW drive for the MPC 2500 will not be available to ship worldwide until October.

No problem coz I've been informed that the OS won't be ready for it until 1.05 :oops:

By Mantis Beats Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:48 pm
r.5 wrote:
jahrome wrote:I have been informed that the Akai CDRW drive for the MPC 2500 will not be available to ship worldwide until October.

No problem coz I've been informed that the OS won't be ready for it until 1.05 :oops:

WHAT !!! - This don't sound good !!! :shock:

...oh and I hope they know how to program an OS for a CDRW too or are they yet to employ a programmer :evil:

R.5 ...u kidding right ?

By r.5 Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:50 pm
I'm kidding :lol:

By Mantis Beats Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:57 pm
^^^^you crazy man ! :D

I'm getting last minute nerves about this MPC2500... I'm just clutching onto my MPC2000XL till I get the all clear man...

I aint jumping ship till I see that life boat man ! , dont be tellin me to jump in the water and wait !!! ...I need to see that boat maaan !!! LOL
Last edited by Mantis Beats on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By r.5 Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:13 pm
Row, row, row your boat...

By sparq Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:31 am
jahrome wrote:

It will probably be a little longer than that though. It is called the CDM-25. It will not hit Japan until October. Shipments hit there first and then hit other countries. It depends on how many are shipped and the shipping method. For dealers that get them in the US..they will not have many initially. Lets not forget the distribution handling in the USA :lol:

that's for the akai model. i was mainly speaking abou the third party drive.

By jahrome Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:38 am
that's for the akai model. i was mainly speaking abou the third party drive

I have doen zero research ona thrid party drive or third party memory...

What will be the cost of that drive and if it is not top seceret, who/where can this item be picked up at?

By sparq Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:34 am
hopefully i will find out in the next few weeks.

now bear in mind, like with the hdd, i have to wait to see which ones akai will approve. hopefully it would be like the memory..... where they have their brand, EXM128 and overprice it or anyother brand for a third of akai's brand.

but get at me in the next few weeks. if i find out sooner, i'll let you know.