Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By King_Vitamin Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:51 am
To those who have any info on the time streach on the 2500. Heard cats talking about it in the first off topic posts but nothing concrete, just speculation. Have read pretty much every piece of info I've seen so far but nothing on this. Realtime? q fader assignable? control channal assignable? anyone?

By TFunk13 Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:24 am
No need to be a dick. If you've already seen the video then you should know the answer to the question.

By King_Vitamin Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:18 am
What I said was I'm on dial up which means I cant wait 2 hours for a video that does not contain titty.
So, again. To anyone that KNOWS.
Why are we all here exactly?

By distortedtekno Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:28 am
King_Jerkoff wrote:What I said was I'm on dial up which means I cant wait 2 hours for a video that does not contain titty.

sounds like a personal problem. :P

So, again. To anyone that KNOWS.
Why are we all here exactly?

We're "here exactly" to tell you that you need to stop wasting your time downloading jerkoff material and download the damn demo already! :roll:

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:35 am
From what I read/had translated..the real-time time stretch is not what it may appear to some/many.

From what I under stand..the chop shop feature/phrase patch..chops up a sample (like a drum loop) like Recyle by analyzing the amplitude of different sounds and making accurate slices based on this fiunction. The sounds are than assigned to a program/pads and a sequence. Now that the chopped sample is a sequence...when you speed up or slow down the tempo of the sequence..it plays back the same accordingly..like a realtime time stretch or time compression.

Again, this is just based on what I have read and have no personal experience with this function.

By Jenre Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:50 am
chopshop cuts up your sample according to transients and applies each slice to a different pad.

patched phrase takes a sample and applies real-time timestretching to it

By shukone Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:13 pm
patched phrase = "realtime timestreching"

actually it does not really do anything, that couldnt be done by hand:
it takes a sample, chops into pieces and then creates a "track" containing the information at what point of time, the slices has to be played.
by changing the tempo, the "timing track" will just played faster or slower, but the slices remain the same (imho)

the same as with roland 909 workstation...
so nothing really new, ppl have been doing this for years...

By Jenre Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:10 pm
but its automated and therefore a lot quicker and simpler to do.

By shukone Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:40 pm
sure