Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By nick smooth Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:28 pm
MPC2500. I don't think It's not worth to buy for $1700 or 190000 Yen
I like it but not for that price. Pads are better than 1000 but I like 2000's Pads better. MPC3000 has the best Pads.This is the first time for me to use Q-Link so I can't say anything deep about it but I think you can do a lot of stuff if you use it in Live performance. I hate effects on MPC2500
I use SP404 sampling and chopping. Put some effect and sample again into MPC. I've used my MPC2500 for one day so I can't say much.
Stick with MPC that you have and spend money on some records.
At the end of the day, It's all about what sounds you put into your sampler and how you arrange them. I love SP-404. It's cheap and effects
in that machine are great for that price. all I have problem with MPC2500 is price. EXPENSIVE!! Other than that I love my MPC2500. As long as I can arrange my samples, I'm happy. By the way MPC2500 was the first MPC I bought. I've used MPC3000, MPC2000XL, 1000. but They are my friend's so now I'm happy to own my own MPC

By zs941 Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:10 pm
hey nick,

thanks for the info but i'm a bit confused. are you saying that you don't think it's worth the money or that it is worth the money but you wouldn't switch if you already had another mpc model?

By jahrome Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:15 pm
I can't lay my hands on one until Sunday/Monday but I must add...

I have used an MPC 3000, 2000, 2000XL extensively over the years. I will throw in the MPC 4000 as well. I wouldn't choose any of these models over the others because of pads, which are pretty much close to one another.

I know you want to quickly review this unit..if that is what you are doing....but how can you talk about reviewing the MPC 2500 so quickly and in the same sentence mention sampling/chopping on an SP404?

If you are in fact in Japan...you could have got your MPC for way less than you just paid but your money is possibly well spent regardless.

Forums members would like a real review. Saying that you hate the MPCs effects is not a review...you are giving no one anything to help make an informed purchase. Than just say stick with the MPC you have and buy records???? Once you learn your new MPC, I really look forward to exchanging ideas.....

I aksed in the other thread if you were affiliated with the military?? And where are you living at in Japan if you don't mind me asking...

Peace.

By distortedtekno Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:20 pm
I agree with Jahrome. That review wasn't extensive at all.
By bhunt Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:46 pm
nick smooth wrote:MPC2500. I don't think It's not worth to buy for $1700 or 190000 Yen
I like it but not for that price. Pads are better than 1000 but I like 2000's Pads better. MPC3000 has the best Pads.This is the first time for me to use Q-Link so I can't say anything deep about it but I think you can do a lot of stuff if you use it in Live performance. I hate effects on MPC2500
I use SP404 sampling and chopping. Put some effect and sample again into MPC. I've used my MPC2500 for one day so I can't say much.
Stick with MPC that you have and spend money on some records.
At the end of the day, It's all about what sounds you put into your sampler and how you arrange them. I love SP-404. It's cheap and effects
in that machine are great for that price. all I have problem with MPC2500 is price. EXPENSIVE!! Other than that I love my MPC2500. As long as I can arrange my samples, I'm happy. By the way MPC2500 was the first MPC I bought. I've used MPC3000, MPC2000XL, 1000. but They are my friend's so now I'm happy to own my own MPC

Dam I wish I was still staitioned in Japan. I was there for when the 1k dropped and had it early.

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:16 am
Originally posted by bhunt
Dam I wish I was still staitioned in Japan. I was there for when the 1k dropped and had it early.

Memories......I remember when the 2000Xl dropped. It feels like yesterday. I just relocated from Misawa to Yokota..driving this old Honda Integra...thought I was the man..rockin a platinum gucci link chain with a sterling silver scorpion charm. You couldn't tell me I wasn't jiggy (when that was a cool word :) )......

By MelleMel Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:22 am
now cats would be stationed in Iraq, I dont think theres a 2500 there .Le Frak City Projects

By distortedtekno Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:37 am
MelleMel wrote:now cats would be stationed in Iraq, I dont think theres a 2500 there .Le Frak City Projects

Le Frak City Projects is like Club Med compared to Iraq.

By elmacaco Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:51 am
yeah man, how about some close up pics and my big question, does it have track velocity on the main screen? a close up shot of the main screen will answer just fine.
By nick smooth Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 am
Sorry Everone. What I worte wasn't helpful for people who want to buy MPC 2500 in the future. I agree. I'm really far away from writing a review
about MPC2500.This is my second day and I made 10 beats using 2500 and SP404. I sample into SP first for chopping & effects like Lo-Fi
then I sample stuff I made on SP404 into MPC2500 I use MPC2500 for sequencing,extra chopping, Tunining samples and 16 level. What I did on
MPC2500 was I could've done with any MPC model except I don't know much about MPC60. I love my MPC. Don't get me wrong. I need more time to use new features on MPC2500 and say something about it.
For zs941, I meant I wouldn't change switch if I already had another MPC. This was my first MPC to own so it's just me. I want to put more
pictures but I don't know how to put pictures in the site.
By cowbell Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:49 am
nick smooth wrote:I want to put more
pictures but I don't know how to put pictures in the site.

upload them through http://imageshack.us/ or something like that, and just past the link in your post.
By Jenre Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:47 am
nick smooth wrote:What I did on
MPC2500 was I could've done with any MPC model

then you aren't using the new features and arent providing anyone with anything interesting to read

i dont care what methods you use, i want to know what the NEW features that are EXCLUSIVE to the MPC2500 are like..

i.e. tell me about chopshop, patched phrase etc etc
By Mantis Beats Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:29 am
Jenre wrote:
nick smooth wrote:What I did on
MPC2500 was I could've done with any MPC model

then you aren't using the new features and arent providing anyone with anything interesting to read

i dont care what methods you use, i want to know what the NEW features that are EXCLUSIVE to the MPC2500 are like..

i.e. tell me about chopshop, patched phrase etc etc

LOL, mans is hungry out here... but remeber its his first MPC. Nick should of just kept his mouth shut ...cos the hardcore MPC heads round here are sounding like a hungry pack of wolves !

This situation is like saying " Hey guys my pops just bought me a brand new Farrari ...only problem is I don't know how to drive " ...hmmm, catch my drift !

By jahrome Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:09 am
'UUUGGGHHHHH!" Charlie Brown
'You got me fienden!" Jodeci
:D

Yeah man...like a pack of wolves is correct. I may have to just disappear for a few days because I slam my computer keyboard into the monitor..I am that anxious to get my hands on one. I was just sent the EMS tracking number...I couldn't wait so I had my girl said it from a Japanese post office (costs over %50 more) instead of the miliary post office. The package should get here Monday morning...

I was curious..I actually I still am curious if Nick Smooth is in the military or if his parents are in the military in Japan. I guess he doesn't want to answer the question :cry: Nick, where you at?

By Jenre Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:13 am
Ok maybe I was a bit vicious, but someone put me in a bad mood this morning and started stressing me. whatever. sorry