Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By dwhite Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:02 am
Your right if you get the MPC or any gear in Japan the manual will be in Japanese. Another reason why checking out this site is a must. I also have a shelf full of sampleking videos and dvd's. You can always download the manual from the manufacture websites in most cases. Like the cats comment alot of the music stores have tutorial or seminars regularly on new gear. Mostly software. Bad thing it's in japanese. Most music stores have atleast two personnel that are fluent in english. That's if you are close to military bases or Electric City in Tokyo. Another good reason to take your JN girl to translate. I represent Yokosuka, was on the Kitty Hawk now on Shore duty. I dj at Bay Area and Club U.S. Don't club much too cause that's my studio time. I club in Yokohama (Circus & Logos) about once a month and Tokyo (Coast 2 Coast) once a month. Yokosuka has a music store at the train station. I just get necessities (cables, adapters, etc.) there too expensive. I have ordered english manuals there. Best thing is the 100yen store downstairs. I make all my major gear purchases at Electric City. You can get a membership at Loax and/or Ishibashi Music for even deeper discounts. I know Shibuya has alot of good stores there but I don't go there much unless I already talked to staff on the phone. (Shibuya has too many JN women that will sidetrack my thinking....know what I mean...so I avoid it. Electric City is all business for me.

dwhite

By JUKE 179r Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:02 pm
Ah... anotha brotha rep'n DoD. :wink:
Welcome Bro... But for me... Aim High!!! :lol:

By Blue Haze Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:10 pm
Civilan now in Japan and lovin it. Every now and then I get to check out Akai Yokohama too. Aim Here

By jahrome Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:15 pm
I'm home sick :cry:

I want to go back......my recent trips to Osaka wit my partners bring back memories...